Nice Catch highlight video

Tony Manifold

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This is a highlight video of a Canadian catch wrestling club. Pretty neat stuff. It is kind of cool to see some of the unorthodox stuff used in a modern grappling competition. Plus it starts with a body slam, which is always a good way to start something.

Hummm...Anyway...

This was taken 3 years ago and it's a compilation of our guys at the 'Submission Fight League' in Quebec. Since our club was new, everybody but Simon (the one in camo doing nice take down) were in the beginner class. Simon was in the advance bracket but believe it or not, this particular match was a draw 'cause they dont give points for take down.

You can see that we put a lot of leg lock on the bjj guys.

Hummm...Anyway...

This was taken 3 years ago and it's a compilation of our guys at the 'Submission Fight League' in Quebec. Since our club was new, everybody but Simon (the one in camo doing nice take down) were in the beginner class. Simon was in the advance bracket but believe it or not, this particular match was a draw 'cause they dont give points for take down.

You can see that we put a lot of leg lock on the bjj guys.

I just found it on youtube and I thought it was pretty neat. Most of the catch videos you find are somebody showing techniques but rarely do you see them used in competitons.

Haha at 0:21 the guy is going for the toehold backwards (not your guy, nice calf slicer).

I just found it on youtube and I thought it was pretty neat. Most of the catch videos you find are somebody showing techniques but rarely do you see them used in competitons.

You are right.

Did you see the transition from take down (fire man) straight to ankle lock at 1:16? Simon did the transition well but forgot to turn his opponent on his belly. The guys did a great bridge to escape it anyway!! lol!!

Lol at 0:21, i didnt saw that the guy was trying to twist the toes instead of the foot lol!

Back