• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko is Officially CANCELLED For UFC 228 Co-Main

Strip The Belt?

• Strip The Belt

• Rebook the Fight When Montano is Healthy

Results are only viewable after voting.
After watching the open workout, I'm convinced none of this is true.
1. Her fucking mom was holding pads for her. She didn't have a camp.
2. She sure as shit didn't train for months since she was injured for a long time.
3. Outside of one dumpster fire interview with Ariel, I didn't see her any press at all.

Yes, in 99% of the instances I've seen (including with Khabeagle), there has been some evidence of all three above.
There's not really any in this case. She didn't want to fight at all. Val called it, Nicco got offended by the press treating this as a 100% sure beatdown, and shortly after, she bailed. It's not stupid, you need to brush the bullshit to the side first, in order to see what everyone else sees.
Lmao, you are brutal but honest

What a fucking shit show. Strip Nicco's belt and her pants in front of the media as a punishment.

This card is so bad I'm likely not watching it live anyways. I'll torrent it the next day.

Damn, I was looking forward to Shevchenko getting a belt...

Honestly, who cares. I never heard of her nor knew this was a title fight.

UFC 230 needs a main event. Strip Montano, let's do JJ vs Valentina.

She obviously didn't want to get beat down. Definitely needs to be stripped,she was going to get ran through easily

What the fuck is wrong with these people ? Fight in your natural weight class turds .
Doubt its a weight thing, she fought at the same weight on TUF, which requires to cut weight more often without much preparation.

Germaine 2.0
At least GDR beat a legit fighter in Holm, Montaño beat Modaferri...Hope they get someone to step up and fight her for a vacant belt, who would get mauled most likely tho.

Atleast Garcia vs Porter is on too. Really wanted to go to this event but the UFC just blew it

SHERDOG: Too many interim & stripped belts

<a fighter gets hospitalized>

SHERDOG: Strip them, they are ducking

PS ... i know you can't judge SD as one opinion, but it is funny how some are like that

The aggregate opinions of Sherdog are generally idiotic.

... the UFC should strip her. If she schedules a fight before December 1, but the fight occurs after December 1 and eventually falls through ... the UFC should strip her. No more of this BS. She won the title on December 1, 2017, and still nothing. Now is the perfect time for the UFC to promulgate a policy that identifies the standards for being called champion.

I think Ariel has already presented this idea and I fully support it. Explained differently:

-If you are champion, you have ONE YEAR since your last title fight (in that division) to schedule a title defense. If the deadline passes and you have not scheduled a defense, you are AUTOMATICALLY stripped. Your reasons/excuses why don't matter. I was sick/I was injured/I missed weight/I moved up for a superfight/I made millions fighting Floyd Mayweather. None of those reasons matter because you had one fucking year to get a defense scheduled. If you pursued other interests, fine. But you are not authorized to hold up a division and screw over worthy contenders.

-If you meet the deadline but the defense is scheduled more than a year after the previous title fight (in that division) and the fight doesn't happen, you are AUTOMATICALLY stripped as soon as the fight is cancelled. Again, reasons/excuses don't matter because you had an entire year.

-UFC, while you're at it, formally codify the Germaine de Randamie rule. Namely, if you show bad faith in refusing to defend the title, you are stripped at the discretion of the UFC.

One final message to the UFC: You are a multi-billion dollar company. Stop taking this shit. Strip your champions if they don't adhere to hard-and-fast rules. Someone else will be happy for the opportunity to become champion. And the show will go on. Enough with this lack of professionalism from your top fighters.

Back