• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nicco Montano Removed from Official UFC Rankings

Didn’t she reach her social media follower quota so the Bald father had to cut her loose?

She can buy fake followers to pave a way for an immediate title shot!

Oh no, not Nicco Montano...!!!

giphy.gif

Look, it's women's flyweight so I don't care, but this is actually pretty ridiculous.

What does this even mean? I guess 'WMMA Shills' is just some random term to throw around to fish for 'likes' from fellow stupid people?
Likely more than half of 'WMMA shills' wanted Valentina to be champ.
Looks like you are one of them. Sorry, your girl Montana was a scam

Esparza was most definitely champion, office schmuck

They handed her a shiny belt I'll give you that

But no, she was never a real champion she won a season of TUF with all the extenuating circumstances that provides and then got destroyed in her first "defence"

She was awarded a title as a gimmick to sell a reality show not as a result of being the best fighter in the division

How was she number 2???? Oh great. Keep adding to Sijara's dillusions by making her number 3 for doing nothing.

I did not dramatize anything. You raised the issue of the conflicting interests and started talking about "Zuffa Zombies" and my response was perfectly germane to that discussion.

I don't know all the details, but looking at Montano's record, I see NO reason at all that she should be ranked. The only reason she was ever ranked, it seems to me, is because she won TUF which made her a champion, even though she fought for the vacant title against a late replacement fighter.

After failing to make weight for the title defense, is she even a flyweight fighter now? Maybe she got pulled from the rankings because she's going to bantamweight? Regardless of what weight she fights at though, I don't see why she should be ranked. Why would you assume this is somehow Dana pulling her from the rankings, now, out of spite? If that was what he wanted to do or had the power to do, why not do it months ago? I would assume she was pulled because her record fucking sucks and she hasn't fought in a year even though AFAIK she isn't injured.

Seems like good cause to not have her ranked to me, and well in line with what's happened before.
Agree to disagree.

That's a tad frightening. There's certainly less and less mystique and prestige coming with that UFC banner these days.

Valentina raised the bar. UFC has no need for these funny ppl like montano or sage.

Still don't who this person is and why she's been in headlines the last few weeks.

How dare you forget the legend Germaine de Randamie!
De Randamie has a very good chance at winning back a title which creates a possibility of her losing one of her "future" title defenses. Nico on the other hand has cemented her position & doesn't have to worry about nothing

Eubanks is moving to a different division. Valentina will soon be like Cyborg at 145 lbs.

This. I don't like the girl either, but by what standards does this company operate by nowadays? Is it really based completely on the emotions of the president? Completely unprofessional. This isn't the worst thing the UFC has ever done, but fans should be alarmed about things to come.

Im not her biggest fan but she gets bashed on here for no good reason for the most part (ducking Val is no good tho). People shit on her cuz she won her belt from TUF as if its her fault thats how the UFC created that divisions champion.

But ya, im sure posters will say she deserves it or she sucks etcetc, which she may, but the UFC once again shows how unprofessional it really is.

But Sherdoggers want to bash and shit on every other promotion aside from the UFC.

I don't know all the details, but looking at Montano's record, I see NO reason at all that she should be ranked. The only reason she was ever ranked, it seems to me, is because she won TUF which made her a champion, even though she fought for the vacant title against a late replacement fighter.
That late replacement fighter is still ranked, and has only bested Bard who Nicco also beat who was also ranked at the time. And had a tuf win over Murphy another still ranked fighter.

After failing to make weight for the title defense, is she even a flyweight fighter now? Maybe she got pulled from the rankings because she's going to bantamweight? Regardless of what weight she fights at though, I don't see why she should be ranked.
Missing weight has never gotten a fighter pulled from the rankings and moving weight classes doesn't affect your rankings until after you fight in your new division (even then fighters like Holm and Thiago Santos weren't pulled from old division rankings).

Why would you assume this is somehow Dana pulling her from the rankings, now, out of spite? If that was what he wanted to do or had the power to do, why not do it months ago? I would assume she was pulled because her record fucking sucks and she hasn't fought in a year even though AFAIK she isn't injured.
She had two foot surgeries for a broken foot, a tonsillectomy for infection, and was hospitalized due to a bad weightcut :rolleyes: but that's no injuries according to you. Her sucking record is based on beating other ranked ufc fighters and it's not like she was voted out she's ineligible like Mighty Mouse.

Seems like good cause to not have her ranked to me, and well in line with what's happened before.
Honestly this is just a very ignorant post top to bottom. There's nothing in line with what's happened before.<Dana05> Couldn't sound more of Dana apologist if you were actually Dana White.

Back