NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao at a Habs prospect defecting and going Boston. Didn't even know that was possible

I could see Zadina and Tkachuk making their teams. Hughes could surprise. I didn't think Mete would crack our roster this year, for example, but elite skating giveth opportunities. There's not many who can skate better than Hughes.

...still a midget though.
I’m really excited about Hughes and would love to see him make a run during camp but with d-men I’d rather take a conservative approach and let him develop some more.
I didn't think Hughes OR Zadina would make it there, so really, once Phoenix went off the board, I was ecstatic with either one of those two

NYI had a really good draft just for those 11/12 picks, especially if Jonny T stays.

Who's actually NHL ready this year?

Obviously Dahlin, Svechnikov, maybe Zadina? Benning even says that Hughes is a lot closer than people think...would be sweet to see him rip in preseason
Jett Woo isn’t NHL ready but holy shit they have him listed at 6’1” and 205 lbs. at 17 years old.

Lmao at a Habs prospect defecting and going Boston. Didn't even know that was possible

He wasn't a habs prospect, he was a Q free agent that the habs invited to their development camp. The bruins straight up offered him an AHL contract so he figured he'd accept the contract, rather than fight a week for a contract.

Not sure why we didn't just offer him an AHL contract. Montreal could still offer him an NHL contract, but that's a little stupid for Galipeau, IMO.

Did you guys know that Thornton had a 17% shooting percentage this year? He's like 14% over the last handful of seasons.

Did you guys know that Thornton had a 17% shooting percentage this year? He's like 14% over the last handful of seasons.
He hardly shoots, only when it's a prime scoring chance. Fans actually bitch that he doesn't shoot enough. He's shown a decent wrister before

>>> Bet a handful of those goals are empty netters, he was king of that

I still remember that one season he had over 90 assists.

And shit. I totally forgot this. The year prior to that season was his first season as a shark and Jonathan Cheechoo scored 56 goals.

I'm bias - But Jumbo is underappreciated. Still lol @ Toews being on the top 100 over him

Yeah Jumbo's the only guy in the 2000's to do anything like what Mario or Wayne did. Not in total, but the assists. 96 is ridiculous.

Yeah Jumbo's the only guy in the 2000's to do anything like what Mario or Wayne did. Not in total, but the assists. 96 is ridiculous.
He did have one season with 36 goals. I think that was during the heyday of the 700 lb line in Boston.

He did have one season with 36 goals. I think that was during the heyday of the 700 lb line in Boston.

It just makes me so sad how many good centers Boston has had, and how few Montreal has had. Is there a comparable in professional sports where a major team failed to fill a major team need like center, quarterback, or point guard for several decades?

It just makes me so sad how many good centers Boston has had, and how few Montreal has had. Is there a comparable in professional sports where a major team failed to fill a major team need like center, quarterback, or point guard for several decades?
Browns

yeah I was gonna say this. I guess an entire team would count as a team need.
Especially QB, they have the famous jersey of failed attempts that keeps growing. This version is still missing like 4 names

Screen-Shot-2016-03-25-at-10.43.23-PM.png

Lol. Some dude at the gas station just gave me grief over my Niners hat.

Especially QB, they have the famous jersey of failed attempts that keeps growing. This version is still missing like 4 names
Screen-Shot-2016-03-25-at-10.43.23-PM.png

For the record, I believe in Mayfield.

Montreal did something good! Woo!

Just a matter of seeing what’s going on with the goaltending cluster fuck.

Cleveland browns

edit - someone beat me to it

So JT was a few hours remaining to decide to stay in NY... i wonder what his hold up is. SJ just resigned Couture for 64 million, Kane for 49 and i am assuming Joe Pav will get a 3 year extension of around 8 mill aav -- so are they out of the JT sweeps?

Also, rumor is Lightening big on Karrlson

<{hfved}>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back