• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ngannou vs jones will suck

JumJum

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
All of the people who wants this fight forget the most important rule in the sport: styles make fight.

Both jones and Francis are cautious counter fighters. Jones will be even slower than usual because he will be terrified of Francis power. He might try few times to do takedown or clinch but probably will fail because Francis got huge improvment on his TDD and he is bigger guy than jones. Francis once in a round might try to shoot some huge haymakers which will cause to jones run back. So the most likely result will be 25 minutes of staring contest with jon jones do some jogging in between the fight.

Thanks Russell Grant

Fight won't ever happen but it could also look like Ngannou/Roz. Francis might tire of Jon's annoying point fighting style and decide to put an end to it.

I can stand jones - but there is such a massive skill difference between the two it’s hard not to envision him working Francis over with ease.

of course Francis can always land one of his flailing hail marys but I just don’t see jones going down like that.

who knows - now that I said that jones will be flatlined ala aldo

I think this fight will be very entertaining. If they ever do fight. Which I wish and hope.

Every exchange would be extremely compelling just because of the 1 punch KO power, but I think it would be either a quick smashing or dull and cautious picking apart from the outside...not convinced it will happen either

I can stand jones - but there is such a massive skill difference between the two it’s hard not to envision him working Francis over with ease.

of course Francis can always land one of his flailing hail marys but I just don’t see jones going down like that.

Get real lol

Like Jones worked over Reyes and Santos with ease???

<Dany07>

Like an inflated version of Izzy vs. Cannonier.

Ngannou is done in the UFC. And who even knows if Jones ever fights again. It’s impossible for a fight to be good or bad if it never happens.

Francis is much bigger, stronger and faster.
Jones has never looked great against anyone his own height like Reyes or Gustafsson and now he’s old, adhering to USADA and facing a badass HW who’s power and athleticism is off the charts.

This won’t end good for Jones. I would have never counted him out when he was younger but I don’t see him getting it done anymore.

Back