Ngannou vs Gane next?

A "perpetually inactive" champ? Because he had the rough average of defending every 7 months, except when he had the gall to risk going blind in one eye? Everyone was drooling about how Ngannou was going to crank out the defenses so much more than him, yet it looks like it'll take longer for him to fight his first title challenge than it did Miocic...

Rather say "perceptually inactive", because how you view his reign(s) doesn't hold up to the truth.

every 7 months is totally insufficient.

You think fighting once a year on average, for the HW champ, is not perpetually inactive?

Also, he doesn't deserve another title shot without earning it, so its a moot point until he publicly expresses his interest to fight a contender.

Gane can rock em sock em with Ngannou, anything can happen.

Not sure if that's next though. They'd probably try again for Jones, while there's some combination of Stipe, Gane-Volkov winner, and Blaydes-Rozen winner

Derrick Lewis is next. If by some miracle, UFC gets the Jones deal done, then winner of Gane/Volkov can fight Lewis for next. Well Gane anyway. Lewis already put Volkov to sleep.

every 7 months is totally insufficient.

You think fighting once a year on average, for the HW champ, is not perpetually inactive?

Also, he doesn't deserve another title shot without earning it, so its a moot point until he publicly expresses his interest to fight a contender.

Every 7 months = 1 a year? What kind of calendar do you use? It's just a month off from a 2-a-year standard that most consider good. And most of those delays were caused by there not being a clear no 1 challenger and the fight that was supposed to determine it not doing so—either by being cancelled or by the result being so lackluster that Dana himself declared the winner wouldn't get a title shot for it.

It may be a moot point — personally I'd like to see him fight someone else first, too. But it's a point that needs to be made whenever the silly trope of "perpetually inactive" Stipe rears its head.

So you think the UFC HW champ will fight three times in six months? Not impossible, but ridiculously unlikely and add on your parlay of others winning, not getting injured, how they win etc. These future prediction threads never come true. It's mma, shit always unfolds differently than people think when they are looking that far ahead, who, when and how they win lol. Just worthless predictions. No disrespect, I like hearing how people think things will go down (well pretty much indifferent), I would just personally not bother even thinking about it. In fact I don't even give a shit what matches they make. Some fights get put together and then I watch the ones that actually happen.

Lewis wins the second staredown. Then Jones will suddenly be game to challange for the HW title.

<JonesLaugh>

Back