• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Ngannou to earn $20 million, not including PPV and sponsorships against Anthony Joshua!

It's so "well over" $10M it's not even $11M.

I don't hate Francis at all. You guys just love running with whatever the next anti-UFC narrative pops up no matter how often the facts don't support it.

You'll move on in a couple months to the next one and we'll do this all over again.
Nobody says something like "well over $11 million" lol Nobody talks like that. We work in a base 10 numbering system. "Well over" doesn't mean more than 10, but less than 11, lmao. That's such a ridiculous take I seriously am dumbfounded. This isn't the Price is Right

Check my post history. I literally never posted about the Francis situation until recently. I'm far from an anti-UFC person. The UFC is great, it made the sport what it is today and without it we wouldn't even be here arguing about this.

Dana was gonna do ZUFFA Boxing
but he did SlapFights
<{1-10}>

giphy.gif

Dana Crimson Fumbled the Frank
Always with the great ideas that Dana.

The excuse is that Francis himself refused to sign contracts for fights he took anyways except Jones and so he himself kept his pay down...?

Uh okay.

I’ll just add one thing about Jones…he didn’t fight for 3 years. Who really knows why. Ngannou fought Gane hurt (as we found out later). If you’re Ngannou, going in to surgery in February of 22’, after beating Gane, would you have really bet big on that Jones fight? In reality, Jones didn’t fight for another 13 months after Ngannou fought in early 22. Jones WAS a buzzsaw years ago, but obviously those days are gone. Frank made the right move, even then. It was risky, but it was correct, even then. And this is coming from someone who thought Fury would box Ngannou’s ears off, and that would be his only big money boxing match.

Francis' coach Nicksick said it was $8M per fight unless he lost.

Btw, Francis would be on his 3rd UFC fight by now, not 1st. So it's actually potentially 7+8+8+8 = 31. 31>20.

Francis would be up right now if he stayed in the UFC and kept winning. And that's without even figuring out what his pay could've been if he'd simply beaten Stipe like he was supposed to and gotten the built in championship pay in that original contract instead of being capped at his $600k challengers purse because he fucked off to France instead of train.

It was 8M for the Jones fight, to be renegociated.

If you think UFC was gonna keep paying him 8 millions to fight Almeida, Aspinal and Pavlovich, you're much dumber than I thought

Btw, Francis would be on his 3rd UFC fight by now, not 1st. So it's actually potentially 7+8+8+8 = 31. 31>20.

Francis would be up right now if he stayed in the UFC and kept winning.
Would, potentially, if this, if that.

He is about to make 30 millions base purse in 2 fights, excluding PPV, with full sponsorship freedom, within less than 6 months, doing the sport he always wanted to do, and does not even need to win.

Your poor coping attempt is far off.

It was 8M for the Jones fight, to be renegociated.

If you think UFC was gonna keep paying him 8 millions to fight Almeida, Aspinal and Pavlovich, you're much dumber than I thought
Finally someone is getting it. Plus, 8 millions was certainly including PPV points with optimistic projections.

If he had beaten Jones, the UFC would've put him on the backburner for over a year waiting for Jones to heal the trauma and do a rematch. Or they would have told him to defend against Aspinall on 2 weeks notice for 1million and stripped him if he declined.
That's how they work, and he was wise to not fall for empty promises.

Francis is livin' the dream, all the Dana/UFC weiner riders and Francis haters can eat shit. Come at me, brosef.
No one (that I can see) is hating on Francis. What people with an ounce of business sense are trying to see is how Francis fighting in a different sport is somehow connected to Dana making a bad decision.
I sometimes forget the amount of burger flippers on here that cannot see that the only losers here are the people paying Francis that amount of money for little to no return on investment. And since the Saudis don't care about losing money because they have a different agenda, the only loser is PFL.
The PFL got conned.
If anything Dana dodged a bullet as anyone with common sense will see that Francis isn't worth a 20 million dollar investment.

The most anticipated fight in the world right now has nothing to do with Jones or Dana/UFC, even after Dana and Jones did everything they could to disparage Francis. And to think, the UFC could have been part of this. Dana done fucked up royally this time imo.
Please explain to us how "Dana done fucked up royally"....

I love what Francis is doing and it's great to see him making big money and getting these huge fights. It's historic in a sense.

But for those attacking Dana and the UFC thinking this is some victory and rubbing it in?? Take a break on that lol, be happy for Francis as he's winning himself, but the UFC is certainly not losing.

Fact is that the UFC didn't give Francis what he wanted and were fine with letting him go. If they really wanted to keep him, they would have accepted the terms he asked for. But they simply didn't. And they didn't because they just didn't see the value in that. I am sure the UFC would have loved to keep Francis and make the big fights, but just not enough to give him his terms. And again, they could have but chose not to.

Finally someone is getting it. Plus, 8 millions was certainly including PPV points with optimistic projections.

If he had beaten Jones, the UFC would've put him on the backburner for over a year waiting for Jones to heal the trauma and do a rematch. Or they would have told him to defend against Aspinall on 2 weeks notice for 1million and stripped him if he declined.
That's how they work, and he was wise to not fall for empty promises.
You guys are still assuming that Francis even wanted to fight in MMA still, which by all indications, he did not.
Do you think it's a safe bet to pay Francis 20 million plus for a boxing match considering the $ he brings in?

I'd love for someone at one of the press conferences to ask Dana about his feelings towards Francis' success after leaving the UFC if they haven't already. Dude must be absolutely losing it inside.

I dont think he really cares. If he wanted to really keep Francis, he would have agreed to his terms. Even if someone asked him about it, he would give a response along the lines of, he's glad Francis is making big money and good for him but those promoters are losing money and the UFC isn't that business of losing money. He would be happy for Francis but criticize the promoters. And then he would mention how PFL is getting screwed over here.

No one (that I can see) is hating on Francis. What people with an ounce of business sense are trying to see is how Francis fighting in a different sport is somehow connected to Dana making a bad decision.
I sometimes forget the amount of burger flippers on here that cannot see that the only losers here are the people paying Francis that amount of money for little to no return on investment. And since the Saudis don't care about losing money because they have a different agenda, the only loser is PFL.
The PFL got conned.
If anything Dana dodged a bullet as anyone with common sense will see that Francis isn't worth a 20 million dollar investment.

One thing that never really gets brought up here is how would Francis deal with the UFC if he signed with them. Assuming he would fight Jones and then they let him box.

Francis is someone who pretty much looks out for his own best interest and wants those mega pay days, and rightfully so, why not. But we've seen how he handled PFL, he was supposed to fight for them early 2024 now it's another boxing fight and then likely again end of the year in boxing. He had all this stuff planned with PFL in fights and being a ambassador in developing the sport, and we've seen none of that.

If he resigned with the UFC and fought Jones and then Fury, who's to say he wouldn't come back at the UFC and demand more money. Or sit out longer demanded another boxing fight or just not fight in general. We know Francis isn't the easiest to deal with in negotiations and will sit out if he doens't get what he wants.

I think too many people are taking that UFC deal at face value thinking Francis would just follow through. I think there would be far more complications and renogiations and it would cause problems. I think the UFC learned from Conor and letting him box. And Conor is a massive draw, Francis is not. I think the UFC doged a bullet here.

Apparently you're the one who doesn't know how time zones work as yes, that's absolutely when it's occurring in North America

Classic markg171: eager to shitpost, doesn't understand why what he said was stupid.

It sucks he's probably not going back to MMA, but I don't have a single matchup in my head for him to fight outside UFC.

Back