• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ngannou Refusing to Pay Money

Dunno about the coach thing, but the way Francis attempts murder after every KO makes me laugh off his nice guy schtick.

That time between a flush KO and the ref getting to him is Francis' special time with the corpse.
Exactly that's just disgusting honestly, i think the man is mean in a sneaky way, i never liked him..

lol ... One of these days people will figure out that making judgements based on the latest piece of social media presented to them is 7th grade as fuck.

Im.not shocked. Doesn't make Francis a bad guy, but this business is cut throat. Even the nicest guy will take a mile if you give him an inch.

Feels like déjà vu. I've seen this exact same thread before. Same wording, the lot.
yeah and whats weird is that ts joined this forum in Sep 5 2020 (Sep 5 is Ngannou's birthday)

Reactions: TCE
I'm not surprised that a person who likes to beat the shit out of other people for money isn't an angel

Fernand lopez is a very good coach and seems more honest than Francis by far.

Like he said no one will trust him because he has currently an army of fans (this thread is a good example).

Let's reopen this thread in a few years :) but I'm on Fernand side for now as I'm sensing a lot of warning signs but luckily for Francis the HW division is dead.

Funnily, the only good fight in the next years is versus Gane!

They had a bad split. Things would be different if Ngannou refuses to pay current coaches.

We'll have to hear both sides before coming to a conclusion.

It's a shame for the youth that he has the current UFC HW belt. It's well known by people who know MMA that Ngannou's original MMA coach Fernand Lopez basically single-handedly got Ngannou to be where he's at today (link below). Without him, he wouldn't be where he's at. He trained him for free, introduced him to MMA, gave him free equipment, and even organized his fights and enrolled him in English classes.

Once his coach Lopez began to ask Ngannou for money after he made some good money from his UFC fights, Ngannou refused to pay him and worked with different coaches instead (vid below). I need to inform people who believe that Nganou is such a great guy etc that he's not a good guy like people think. Hopefully Lewis gets the belt when they fight so that kids can have a better role model to look up to.

Link to the video about him not paying his coaches:

Link to discussion showing how Lopez created ngannou:
https://www.infomigrants.net/en/webdoc/155/francis-ngannou-a-cameroonian-migrant-turned-boxing-star

Better role model lewis<Dany07>

He refused to pay for a service that was offered to him for free?

This. Although it would be a nice gesture to give his former coach some money as a token of appreciation. I think most nice guys would do that actually.

They had a bad split. Things would be different if Ngannou refuses to pay current coaches.
Does he even need to? He's the Champ now, Him being part of that gym brings them attention , sponsorships and more memberships. I dont think famous fighters/champs pay much to their gyms. Its the Gym that's lucky to have them.

Does he even need to? He's the Champ now, Him being part of that gym brings them attention , sponsorships and more memberships. I dont think famous fighters/champs pay much to their gyms. Its the Gym that's lucky to have them.

A lot of different ways between gyms and fighters. Golden Glory and Wolfslair had contracts where the pay was a certain percent from earnings. That if you're a rookie making nothing your "20%" from 500 bucks isn't much considering you get coaching from Hemmers and De Jong. But the problem is when you get to Reem or Bisping status and earn a million or more per competition. 200k is WAYYY too much for a camp fee, then.

They have to pay something. Coaches need to eat as well and have everything in the gym OK. It's a professional relationship. Xtreme Couture isn't a private gym. And the Vegas facility is huge. It costs.

But it also can't be a ripoff like what those dudes in Holland were doing.

There’s always two sides to a story..

It's a shame for the youth that he has the current UFC HW belt. It's well known by people who know MMA that Ngannou's original MMA coach Fernand Lopez basically single-handedly got Ngannou to be where he's at today (link below). Without him, he wouldn't be where he's at. He trained him for free, introduced him to MMA, gave him free equipment, and even organized his fights and enrolled him in English classes.

Once his coach Lopez began to ask Ngannou for money after he made some good money from his UFC fights, Ngannou refused to pay him and worked with different coaches instead (vid below). I need to inform people who believe that Nganou is such a great guy etc that he's not a good guy like people think. Hopefully Lewis gets the belt when they fight so that kids can have a better role model to look up to.

Link to the video about him not paying his coaches:

Link to discussion showing how Lopez created ngannou:
https://www.infomigrants.net/en/webdoc/155/francis-ngannou-a-cameroonian-migrant-turned-boxing-star

Fernando, it's me Francis. I'm a secret sherogger. I'm not paying you

Plus it's random to ask for money later on for something that you didn't agree to pay before. That'd be like me agreeing to help my friend move then after the task is done tell him he owes me 200 dollars. Doesn't work like that bud.

Yeah it doesn't work like that. It sounds like this coach was banking that Francis would be nice later and start paying and he was making an investement. Well, Francis didn't find his services worth paying for it looks like, and when it was time to pay, he found coaches he did want to pay for. This guy got seriously insulted for it, turned out to be a bad long investment for him.

Yeah it doesn't work like that. It sounds like this coach was banking that Francis would be nice later and start paying and he was making an investement. Well, Francis didn't find his services worth paying for it looks like, and when it was time to pay, he found coaches he did want to pay for. This guy got seriously insulted for it, turned out to be a bad long investment for him.

If you wana get paid you gotta take care of that up front. Nobody owes you anything.

Ngannou comes off as a fake nice guy. I remember him going back to visit his mum after he had made a shit tonne of money and she was still living in a mud hut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back