Ngannou is really taking Stipe lightly

giphy.gif

Stipe has scary power too. Ngannou is a lot sloppier with the hits too.

Power isn't enough to last in the UFC.
I dont talk about power,I talk about scary power.I know it doesnt mean too much to write here the word scary but it means a lot...

He's bought into the Suredawg type hype. The fact that the UFC is gassing his ass up is only expediting the process.

One of these guys is getting knocked out. Whoever it is wouldn't surprise me when you're getting hit that hard.

To be fair, Stipe is doing the same to Ngannou. Referring to him as "just another guy"

This is a fight between two guys who think their opponent is just another highlight waiting to happen. One of these guys will be right and the other wrong. It's awesome. I love fights like these

Last edited:
ufc probably pays ngannou 50k per fight so they hope they could get a champion to whom they could pay chump change, hence the ufc push

Alot of that may be for show, i.e. promoting himself and the fight.

I doubt he seriously thinks Stipe won't pose any threat to him.

He has even said Miocic is a really good wrestler with good punches.

Can't really give him too much flack, confidence is necessary for combat sports, specially in the UFC, even if it may Come across as arrogance.

ufc probably pays ngannou 50k per fight so they hope they could get a champion to whom they could pay chump change, hence the ufc push
IIRC they have been giving Stipe chump change since he's been champ. Nothing new.

He is inexperienced, and the way he took overeem's head clean off must give him a lot more confidence. It makes sense.

But it's also a familiar story, he's going against the champ who's at the top of his game right now. This is a dangerous fight for him. I'm starting to lean towards stipe in this fight but it's hard to pick.

To be fair, Stipe is doing the same to Ngannou. Referring to him as "just another guy"

Stipe referring to someone as "just another guy" doesn't mean he's underestimating him, it means he's approaching said fight the same way he approached his previous fights. Which is a good thing, considering he has taken his preparations seriously thus far.

Ngannou's rise to the top reminds me of when Jon Jones was coming up through the ranks.

Everyone was supposed to be better than Jones. Better striking, more experience, better wrestling. All excuses, all wasted breath.

Back