• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ngannou Brought Up Slavery In Libya In His Post Fight Speech Tonight

I mean, if you just heard about brutal slavery and murder and your first instinct is to attack a group you dislike for not talking about it...

It's been going on for awhile, and a new group was spurn from it called African lives matter and they already scheduled a protest on the 9th.

I do find it odd that a globalist group that clamors for the liberation for black people everywhere has yet to make a public statement or joined other groups in raising awareness

I do think petey was getting snippy for the sake of snippiness but there is validity in his statement. You would figure this would be a front page pressing issue on their awareness / events section of their website. Chattle slavery is back, how is there no official statement on it by a organization that actively speaks out for black liberation?

Last edited:
I agree that they shouldn't have had the transgenderism clause and whatnot.

But what do you expect them to do so quickly about the slavery in Libya? How long ago has this story boomed? They're obviously active in areas where they have influence and it just seems like a gotcha argument to discredit them.

It used to be "Aha! Black lives matter but what about gang violence?!".
Uhm, this isn't a new "story", just as slavery in Mauritania isn't a new story.

What do I expect them to do about it? Not much, as they're an (unfortunately) ineffective group due to having too many irons in the fire and focusing on annoying the general public and creating division instead of gathering support.

How's this? They preach a goal of global betterment for all black people, yet spend more time on statistically insignificant problems then greater issues. In other words - their actions prove that black lives matter more to them if impacted by people other than blacks, then if by their own communities.

Ha! I'm bowing out of this thread as Judo is saying the same things as me, but a minute earlier.

Uhm, this isn't a new "story", just as slavery in Mauritania isn't a new story.

What do I expect them to do about it? Not much, as they're an (unfortunately) ineffective group due to having too many irons in the fire and focusing on annoying the general public and creating division instead of gathering support.

How's this? They preach a goal of global betterment for all black people, yet spend more time on statistically insignificant problems then greater issues. In other words - their actions prove that black lives matter more to them if impacted by people other than blacks, then if by their own communities.
I didn't mean it was new in that way, I was talking about the scope of the story. Slavery in Africa has been there for a while now, actually slavery worldwide is at an all time high.

It's been going on for awhile, and a new group was spurn from it called African lives matter and they already scheduled a protest on the 9th.

I do find it odd that a globalist group that clamors for the liberation for black people everywhere has yet to make a public statement or joined other groups in raising awareness

I do think petey was getting snippy for the sake of snippiness but there is validity in his statement. You would figure this would be a front page pressing issue on their awareness / events section of their website. Chattle slavery is back, how is there no official statement on it by a organization that actively speaks out for black liberation?
My point is not that they shouldn't be talking about slavery, I actually think they should. My issue was with how a story about slavery in Libya gets mentioned by a black UFC fighter (rightfully so) and some people's first instincts is to immediately blame their political opponents for not talking about it right away.

You could argue that they should be raising awareness on this, but does it really have to be in such a juvenile way? Where's the real outrage in this forum about cattle slavery? It's only being brought up to score political points.

I didn't mean it was new in that way, I was talking about the scope of the story. Slavery in Africa has been there for a while now, actually slavery worldwide is at an all time high.

My point is not that they shouldn't be talking about slavery, I actually think they should. My issue was with how a story about slavery in Libya gets mentioned by a black UFC fighter (rightfully so) and some people's first instincts is to immediately blame their political opponents for not talking about it right away.

You could argue that they should be raising awareness on this, but does it really have to be in such a juvenile way? Where's the real outrage in this forum about cattle slavery? It's only being brought up to score political points.

Score political points? Not sure what you're coming from on that as blm isn't a political party. I agree petey was snippy but he directly or indirectly brought up a good point and you've been wrong several times in your rebuttal: blm is not a group that is only focused on police justice (see their website) and they are not a America only entity (see their mission statemen).

But if we go along your last line of reasoning of where's the authentic outrage on this forum -- why can we extend that to "where's the authentic outrage by blm?"

I agree that this probably isn't the thread for it -- but, again, he did land on a good point.

Are you sure about this? I think slave harvesting from Europe up untill the 1500s and then the trans Atlantic slave trade, and slavery from Africa in general up until the 19th century surpasses anything going on today. But I'm no expert by any means.

How is human cock fighting even legal still in this day of age where sophistication and science is embedded in society. Words are weapons and can ruin people’s lives , yet people can attempt to murder each legally? .. anyways it was a good speech

Score political points? Not sure what you're coming from on that as blm isn't a political party. I agree petey was snippy but he directly or indirectly brought up a good point and you've been wrong several times in your rebuttal: blm is not a group that is only focused on police justice (see their website) and they are not a America only entity (see their mission statemen).

But if we go along your last line of reasoning of where's the authentic outrage on this forum -- why can we extend that to "where's the authentic outrage by blm?"

I agree that this probably isn't the thread for it -- but, again, he did land on a good point.
BLM doesn't need to be a political party to score political points against it.

Holy shit that's crazy! Thanks.

While the numbers are higher than years past, I wonder how the per capita ratio compares. Either way, what a disgrace.
that's a good question.

Libya/Syria now both hellholes, thanks in large part to Hilary/Barack. Thanks Obama. The best thing Trump's done since coming in is cutting off 'moderate' rebel funding via the CIA.

btw do you have a link to the interview vid? I can't find it anywhere.

Did he actually mention Obama and Hillary?

Clinton is a disgusting human being, the only silver lining of Trump is her not getting the presidency. It's not like Ghaddafi was sentenced in a court of law, he was was tortured to death by a pack of rebels.

The entire Libya situation was a shitshow from start to finish. What was supposed to be a "no-fly zone" turned into a regular bombing campaign. Participating forces repeatedly violating the limitations imposed by the UN resolution.

Luckily you won't see more of these faux humanitarian interventions passed through the UN security council. The rest of the world learned its lesson.

So they should focus on every similar issue rather than starting at the one most effecting their lives?

Back