Social NFL to vote on giving draft pick priority to teams with coaches who are not white

Improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as head coach or general manager

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The NFL is set to vote on whether or not to improve a draft team's position if the owner of the said team hires a non-white head coach or GM.

I don't know if it'll pass, but it's setting a precedent for not only the NFL, but all leagues in general

atlas_BJ8fvBNym.png

This is why Trump will win, this nonsense to force everything into an equal outcome while we already have equal opportunity is making people angry just how universities screw over hard-working students. Republicans don't win on policy, they win because they are against nonsense like this.

Last edited:
A proposed solution that ridiculous only highlights the severity of the issue in the first place. This "solution" is essentially bribery.

Furthermore, its insulting to minority coaches, many of whom already deal with stigma from dummies who attribute all minority hires to quotas instead of merit.

While I'm sure covert racism plays a significant role in the scarcity of minority head coaches & GMs, nepotism seems to be the overarching crux of the issue. The NFL front offices are all about who you know more so than what you can bring to the table. Its a traditional good ole boys club, and they have enough money and shared interest in keeping their fraternity exclusive.

Black coaches don’t need a handicap. Mike Tomlin has the second best winning percentage among active coaches. I know the reason for the policy would be to get more black coaches in the role than there currently are but doesn’t seem like the right route to do it. You are looking to open access/ opportunity, not skew the system itself while attempting to do so.

Black coaches don’t need a handicap. Mike Tomlin has the second best winning percentage among active coaches. I know the reason for the policy would be to get more black coaches in the role than there currently are but doesn’t seem like the right route to do it. You are looking to open access/ opportunity, not skew the system itself while attempting to do so.
Why do black men always have to be the pawn in this race baiting bullshit

Why do black men always have to be the pawn in this race baiting bullshit

History provides a endless supply of emotion to manipulate... Perfect for making politically based decisions like this one.

All bad.

Don't laugh: I'm 1-6 in my third season in Madden CFM. I need to fill some holes in my DLIne. I'll take that free cheese, and keep asking for second and third breakfast's like that Tapeworm Hobbit.

"A man lost in the desert must take such water as he is offered, no matter who it comes from."
-Before They Are Hanged

Imagine being that concerned about melanin in 2020? Black and brown communities unite, CNN is there for you exposing your unique challenges to the world. The term "brown people" comes across as particularly hacist to me. Kill all the white people.

Good start, NFL. Measures should be instituted to improve the number of Latino and Asian players next.

Instead of caring about this non-issue, I'm wondering why hiring non-white people is at a 17-year low.

Instead of caring about this non-issue, I'm wondering why hiring non-white people is at a 17-year low.

If you're black you should worry more about the fact that white liberals think you're so dumb and useless that rules need to be put into place so you can succeed. Sounds pretty racist.

Condi Rice has wanted to be NFL commissioner for years.

This thread reminded me that.

So they're basically saying minorities can't do their job as good as white coaches, so they deserve extra help to level the playing field. This is an insult to everybody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back