NFL Discussion v37: Talking about... playoffs?!?!

Anyone who doesn't think Rex Ryan is a quality coach is a moron. Period. I hope he goes to Atlanta, who I already like and would enjoy cheering for him on. He (or Holmgren) going to San Fran would be awful. Also, didn't San Fran just drop a coach partly because his strong personality wore thin with the players? If your players are fickle like that, I'm not sure Rex Ryan is the unoffensive vanilla personality type you're looking for.

I don't know, man. Shanny's 2013 season with Washington was one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen--- I blame Shanny Lite more, but still.

Gotta look at the flip side of that though... When RGKNEE was completely healthy Shanny had him playing way above his level and had the best rushing attack in the NFL. Just what Jay would need to be a good QB. A big time run game. They'd have beat the dog shit out of Seattle had he not blew his knee out... The were up 14-0 in like 30 seconds it seemed like. They flew down the field.

Green Bay would shit stomp the fuck out of Dallas. That is and will be a fact.

Dunno how any team could trust Shanacan

It was pretty clear Shanahan was tired of Dan Snyder and he never wanted Griffin. He has a rapport with Jay and Brandon. He would likely get the best out of them both. Plus he could patch work that o line with his scheme alone.

He or Ryan are who I want the most, by far.

It'd be easier with Shanny, you could keep Jay & Marshall and neutralize their issues because of the respect they have for him.

You bring in anybody else you'd have to clear house with them, which would be very difficult to do. They're in a pretty rough mess.

Romo would Romo the shit out of a game in Seattle. Would really find a magical way to can it the fuck up

Dallas already went to Seattle and handled them? I wouldnt favor them again but to act like they cant do it twice is sort of silly.

As a cowboys fan I'd just like to express my disgust for Tony Homo. He's a flake and will crumble when it really counts, yet again. It's times like this that I really miss Troy Aikman.

Green Bay would shit stomp the fuck out of Dallas. That is and will be a fact.

We'll get to find out next week. Green Bay is an entirely different animal at home, so I understand where you're coming from. However, Green Bay was hardly that impressive this year. Even last week, I felt they got mostly outplayed by Detroit, but were lucky Stafford is a choke artist. Green Bay's defense has been a joke, but Rodgers wins anyways. I can see that dominant Dallas O-Line raping Green Bay's defense enough that they win in Green Bay.

Against teams that don't have an elite pass rush they have eaten alive. Dallas does not have an elite pass rush.

Bears need to move swiftly in their GM search... If they Hire a HC before the GM I'll lmao.

I want NO part of Adam Gase. None.

Dallas already went to Seattle and handled them? I wouldnt favor them again but to act like they cant do it twice is sort of silly.

I give it a 10% chance of happening. I could probably be talked into 15%, but no higher than that

Chicago Bears chairman George McCaskey and team president Ted Phillips mentioned on multiple occasions Monday the team’s plans to utilize not only the services of Ernie Accorsi, but also those of the NFL's Career Development Advisory Panel in finding replacements for recently fired general manager Phil Emery and coach Marc Trestman.

“We consider this a tool to assist us in the search process,” McCaskey said. “Several other teams have taken advantage of this resource, and we think it’s a good idea.”

It is, considering the breadth of experience on the eight-man panel, formed in 2013 “to continue to professionalize how the league identifies and develops talent," according to the NFL.

So while the organization hired Accorsi -- a member of the panel -- specifically to help Chicago identify potential candidates as replacements for Trestman and Emery, the Bears can also call upon other members of the panel to assist in the process.

Robert Gulliver, the NFL’s executive vice president of human resources, who is assisting with the initiative formed in 2013, sent teams -- including the Bears -- a book on Monday of general manager and coach prospects recommended by the panel, with each list totaling fewer than 20 candidates. According to the NFL, the books of the panel’s recommendations feature “a detailed 2-3 page bio on each candidate that includes a wide range of statistics and highlights on their body of work, along with information on getting access to video interviews for many of the candidates.”

The books are sent to any team requesting them, and the lists include varying types of candidates, such as coaches who specialize in offense or defense.

"The advisory panel at the league of which Ernie’s a member has done some of that homework," Phillips said of the team's initial list of candidates. "It’s not an exhaustive list or a list that can’t be added to, but we’ll start talking to Ernie and we’ll get to that level of detail really fast because we’ll obviously have a sense of urgency.”

Of the seven coaches hired headed into the 2014 season, six were recommended by the panel.

“Between hiring Ernie and still being able to consult with other members of that panel, we think we’ve got a good amount of football experience that will be really important to us as we make this decision,” Phillips said.

Here is the list of panelists, which consists of four former GMs, one former team president and three former coaches:

- Accorsi
- Charlie Casserly
- Bill Polian
- Ron Wolf
- Carl Peterson
- Tony Dungy
- Dennis Green
- John Madden

Bears wise to utilize advisory panel in GM/Head Coach search

LMAO at this fuckin' owners group... The need the book for dummies for hiring a GM/HC. Can't believe I support this franchise.

Last edited:
In regards to Rex to SF, he'd be fine. Strong personality yes, but players love him. Probably more than any coach in the league. Harbaugh is much more abrasive.

I don't care who wins the big game. As long as Wilson and the legion of boom are know where near it.

Rex will only take a team as far as his O coordinator takes them.

ArizonaCardinals4.jpg

jonbrown.0.gif

30xitxe.gif

Rex-Trestman to Oakland, see if Trestman is a complete can, or just someone who should never have the reins.

I would say Dallas is our biggest threat but I want to play Detroit so golden Tate can come back and see what he is missing.
Even though I love tate and wish he was still on our squad.
Fuckin Percy.

Back