NFL Discussion v35: Superbowl Predictions

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome game. Looked really grim early on for the Patriots. Was hoping they would make a comeback, but I didn't think it would actually happen. Good stuff.

This honestly was in my lifetime the biggest choke ever of any major sport. That includes that 32 point comeback the bills had with a backup qb.
25 point lead with 20 minutes left, the onside kick recovery that scored nothing, up 8 with 4 minutes in great fg range on first down

Toms 5th will be the story but that choke...

In the CFL. In a playoff game. Or the Grey Cup Game ( The Championship game of the CFL ).
This NFL shit is ridiculous.

You apparently have some sort of inferiority complex to the point you couldn't resist posting such a thing. Nice. Pretty rude.

I'll bite, though.

Let's check how much revenue the grey cup made...

Ah...about 7.1 Million $ in 2016

That's cute.

In 2016 the Super Bowl had $620 Million in revenue...with insane viewership numbers.

Not to mention that ALL 32 NFL teams are in the top 50 most valuable sports teams of all sports teams in the world. Even the bad teams. Apparently the NFL has enough of a presense where even YOU couldn't resist talking about it. But the reverse isn't the case with the Grey Cup. Heck you even felt the need to type/explain what the Grey Cup even was for us...

So it's okay that you for some reason feel the need to go off on something that millions of people enjoy. No need for the inferiority complex.

Last edited:
Buffalo had a back up QB and was down 35. the funny part is that Frank Reich was also a back up in college and brought back Maryland from a 35 pt deficit against Miami --- in Miami's era of dominance.

Damn son, nostalgia. I was a wee little one and remember that game. Against Warren Moon and the Oilers. I remember throwing a temper tantrum and gave up on the bills only to hear people in my family going nuts after I left. Had that game on VHS and used to play it often.

The one year Rodgers won a ring the Pack had a top-5 defense if I'm not mistaken. I believe Brady won at least 1 of his rings with a defense not in the top 10.

Think Brady's defense has never allowed more than 40 points in the playoffs. Packers have done it three times since Rodgers took over.

I was insta-banned here in 2010 for saying that Brady>>>Manning, a 5 year account with zero infractions, no yellows, nothing.

Tom/Bill GOATS without dispute and that jackass is not even a mod anymore. How sweet it is.

Wow what a comeback! Great win and congratulations to the New England Patriots for winning the Super Bowl!

This honestly was in my lifetime the biggest choke ever of any major sport. That includes that 32 point comeback the bills had with a backup qb.
25 point lead with 20 minutes left, the onside kick recovery that scored nothing, up 8 with 4 minutes in great fg range on first down

It was a choke job, IMO Patriots/Hawks and Giants/Bills were worse though. What it ultimately boiled down to was the Falcons defense could not stop the Patriots offense when they were rolling. But with the New England SB and playoff history we all knew they were capable of that deep down.

LOL...

You can win a Super Bowl Game without the other team getting a chance to answer. That's absurd. Winning a coin toss. Then scoring a TD, wins you the game ???

In the CFL. In a playoff game. Or the Grey Cup Game ( The Championship game of the CFL ). You scrimmage from the other team's 35 yd line. With the goalposts being on the goal line. That's automatically just a 42 FG attempt. So, you are starting already in FG range.

The first team gets the ball. They score as many points as they can.

A rouge ( A single point that can be scored in the CFL ), a FG, or a TD. But, if you do get a TD. You HAVE to attempt a 2 pt convert.

Staying at the same end of the field. The other team gets the same chance to answer. They keep going until one team scores more points, with an equal number of tries.

There is a coin toss. And the winner of that obviously chooses to take the ball second. The rationale being...When it's your turn. You know exactly how many points you need to score to win. Or to keep it tied. First team scores a FG. You know a FG keeps it tied. A TD wins.

If after one possession each. The teams are still tied. They move to the other end of the field. And do it again, with the order reversed. The team that went second in the first possession. Goes first this time.

If it's still tied they move back to the other end of the field. And reverse the order again. Changing the ends of the field is done to make it as fair as possible ( Weather conditions are the reason... Go into the wind one time. Have the wind at your back the second time, or vice versa ). Even if the game is played in a dome.

Simple, right ?

Having the ball first. Is obviously a disadvantage. On 3rd down ( 3 downs in CFL, not 4 ). A team won't gamble to try to get a 1st down. If you gamble, and fail. The other takes over the ball. Where you failed. As mentioned. You already start in FG range. Assuming the first team moved the ball at all. You're even closer than a 42 yd FG attempt. So, the team with the ball first, will settle for a FG. Instead of gambling to get a first down.

That's the only advantage gained by winning the coin toss. And, it is only an advantage in the very first OT possession. The loser of that coin toss. Gets to pick which end of the field the first possession will take place in.

The only way it ends immediately, is with a pick six. Or a fumble recovery returned for a TD. Obviously, the team that had the ball first, scored 0 points. While you scored 6. Game over.

If you are the team that went first. And scored any points at all. Getting an interception, or fumble recovery obviously ends the game as well. You scored. The other team didn't. Game over.

It couldn't possibly be any fairer, than the CFL OT rules.

That's like an Olympic Gold Medal Game of hockey, or soccer ending with penalty shots/kicks. That's no way to end a game of such importance.

In NHL hockey play-offs. They play til somebody scores...Period. I've seen NHL playoff games where it was tied after 3 periods. And the game was still tied after playing 3 more complete periods. That's two complete games. But, they play til a team scores.

I'm fuckin amazed.

And this World Champion, shit. WTF is that ? A game played only in the US. By teams only in the US.

Ummmm... National Champions... Super Bowl Champions. NFL Champions...

Not World Champions. What lame shit is that ? Arrogance on an unbelievable scale.

There's not an NHL hockey fan in either Canada, or the US. That would say the team that wins the Stanley Cup is a " World Champion ". But, they'd have WAY more right to than an Super Bowl Champion.

I do think some asshole American media have used the World Champion thing. But, the fans, and Canadian media would never use that lame shit.

Amazing.
<{gspressed}>

Yankees up 3-0 in the 2004 ALCS, this ain't even close

Yankees up 3-0 in the 2004 ALCS, this ain't even close
One game I mean, plus people don't look back on it but the yanks won the first 3 by a combined 4 runs. It could have been 2-1 either way, plus choking is having it slip through your fingers due to pressure. Yanks were destroyed early in game 7, not close at all in that game

16427496_1292897044102564_8629380590671454611_n.jpg

LOL...

You can win a Super Bowl Game without the other team getting a chance to answer. That's absurd. Winning a coin toss. Then scoring a TD, wins you the game ???

In the CFL. In a playoff game. Or the Grey Cup Game ( The Championship game of the CFL ). You scrimmage from the other team's 35 yd line. With the goalposts being on the goal line. That's automatically just a 42 FG attempt. So, you are starting already in FG range.

The first team gets the ball. They score as many points as they can.

A rouge ( A single point that can be scored in the CFL ), a FG, or a TD. But, if you do get a TD. You HAVE to attempt a 2 pt convert.

Staying at the same end of the field. The other team gets the same chance to answer. They keep going until one team scores more points, with an equal number of tries.

There is a coin toss. And the winner of that obviously chooses to take the ball second. The rationale being...When it's your turn. You know exactly how many points you need to score to win. Or to keep it tied. First team scores a FG. You know a FG keeps it tied. A TD wins.

If after one possession each. The teams are still tied. They move to the other end of the field. And do it again, with the order reversed. The team that went second in the first possession. Goes first this time.

If it's still tied they move back to the other end of the field. And reverse the order again. Changing the ends of the field is done to make it as fair as possible ( Weather conditions are the reason... Go into the wind one time. Have the wind at your back the second time, or vice versa ). Even if the game is played in a dome.

Simple, right ?

Having the ball first. Is obviously a disadvantage. On 3rd down ( 3 downs in CFL, not 4 ). A team won't gamble to try to get a 1st down. If you gamble, and fail. The other takes over the ball. Where you failed. As mentioned. You already start in FG range. Assuming the first team moved the ball at all. You're even closer than a 42 yd FG attempt. So, the team with the ball first, will settle for a FG. Instead of gambling to get a first down.

That's the only advantage gained by winning the coin toss. And, it is only an advantage in the very first OT possession. The loser of that coin toss. Gets to pick which end of the field the first possession will take place in.

The only way it ends immediately, is with a pick six. Or a fumble recovery returned for a TD. Obviously, the team that had the ball first, scored 0 points. While you scored 6. Game over.

If you are the team that went first. And scored any points at all. Getting an interception, or fumble recovery obviously ends the game as well. You scored. The other team didn't. Game over.

It couldn't possibly be any fairer, than the CFL OT rules.

That's like an Olympic Gold Medal Game of hockey, or soccer ending with penalty shots/kicks. That's no way to end a game of such importance.

In NHL hockey play-offs. They play til somebody scores...Period. I've seen NHL playoff games where it was tied after 3 periods. And the game was still tied after playing 3 more complete periods. That's two complete games. But, they play til a team scores.

I'm fuckin amazed.

And this World Champion, shit. WTF is that ? A game played only in the US. By teams only in the US.

Ummmm... National Champions... Super Bowl Champions. NFL Champions...

Not World Champions. What lame shit is that ? Arrogance on an unbelievable scale.

There's not an NHL hockey fan in either Canada, or the US. That would say the team that wins the Stanley Cup is a " World Champion ". But, they'd have WAY more right to than an Super Bowl Champion.

I do think some asshole American media have used the World Champion thing. But, the fans, and Canadian media would never use that lame shit.

Amazing.

Why do so many shit tier Canadians post on Sherdog? I thought Wbu was the worst --- now I guess we have another contender.

Damn son, nostalgia. I was a wee little one and remember that game. Against Warren Moon and the Oilers. I remember throwing a temper tantrum and gave up on the bills only to hear people in my family going nuts after I left. Had that game on VHS and used to play it often.

I watched the whole game. I remember A LOT of fans left the stadium.I sort of had a feeling that Buffalo could make a run at it but Frank Reich will always be the GOAT come-back back-up QB.

I woke up this morning and went right to NFL.com to make sure it wasn't a whiskey induced fever dream. Nope, still Pats. Jesus Christ.

Just rewatching on NFL network.

Craziest stat: until this SB, teams leading by 19+ at the end of the 3rd qtr, in the playoffs, were 93-0.

Now 93-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back