• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Discussion: GOAT QB Play Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was he saying?
I changed channels before it got to that point.
He saying that the old Cousins showed up and he criticized his $84 million dollar contract.
“Your quarterback, you guaranteed him $84 million,” former NFL defensive lineman Booger McFarland said on ESPN’s postgame coverage. “Can he win you some ballgames? The biggest knock on Kirk Cousins in D.C. [was] in the biggest moments, in the moments where his team needed him the most, he came up small. I think we saw that again tonight. He came up small in a big moment where his team desperately needed a win.”

Read more:https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...ea-time/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a7cad8b31817

Kirk Cousins is 4-24 against winning teams. He is Matt Stafford.

Still going to defend him though because this is what happens when you put a pocket passer behind a dog shit o-line.

He was talking shit unironically even though he ironically wasn't doing shit.

Grade-A retard.
Can't do shit when your QB can't do more than checkdowns until the 4th quarter though.

Loling@this basic ass breakdown
Unlike you I actually watched the tape and the dude was double covered almost all night and we all know Cousins can't make more than 1 or 2 reads.

Unlike you I actually watched the tape and the dude was double covered almost all night and we all know Cousins can't make more than 1 or 2 reads.

Oh yeah, I didn't watch the game. You got me. Would you like to discuss how Thielen couldn't beat a guy off the line or create separation? Or before that would you like to discuss how MN's offensive linemen consistently got beat inside shutting down the run game making the pass game absurdly obvious?

I'm all ears for your fucking breakdown, coach.

Oh yeah, I didn't watch the game. You got me. Would you like to discuss how Thielen couldn't beat a guy off the line or create separation? Or before that would you like to discuss how MN's offensive linemen consistently got beat inside shutting down the run game making the pass game absurdly obvious?

I'm all ears for your fucking breakdown, coach.
First off the Gulls were running a double coverage with a guy over the top and another underneath.

The problem is the Vikings only have really 2 true receiving weapons out there so teams feel completely comfortable to just double cover those guys and leave Rudolph and whoever is the RB alone to get tackled before the marker by a LB.

Cousins also after snaps seemed to key on Diggs as his first read all the time

First off the Gulls were running a double coverage with a guy over the top and another underneath.

The problem is the Vikings only have really 2 true receiving weapons out there so teams feel completely comfortable to just double cover those guys and leave Rudolph and whoever is the RB alone to get tackled before the marker by a LB.

It's literally all offensive line.

Of course he'll look at his #1 on the majority of plays. He's probably the hot route. Cousins also is trying to build drives. You don't always just throw to whoever looks open. You read the defense and throw to what the coverage is giving you IF the route you want is too covered. You have primary targets to give guys different looks. The whole 1 read thing is bullshit. Every QB has one fucking read they want. It's just not necessarily what they are gonna get.

The times it becomes a problem is when a QB can't move a defense and only looks at one player. Cousins doesn't do that. Cousins goes as follows:

1. snap
2. Read
3. Offensive line collapses on drop back
4. 2nd option
5. Run for your fucking life
6. 3rd Read
7. Pray you see something.

It's literally all offensive line.

Of course he'll look at his #1 on the majority of plays. He's probably the hot route. Cousins also is trying to build drives. You don't always just throw to whoever looks open. You read the defense and throw to what the coverage is giving you IF the route you want is too covered. You have primary targets to give guys different looks. The whole 1 read thing is bullshit. Every QB has one fucking read they want. It's just not necessarily what they are gonna get.

The times it becomes a problem is when a QB can't move a defense and only looks at one player. Cousins doesn't do that. Cousins goes as follows:

1. snap
2. Read
3. Offensive line collapses on drop back
4. 2nd option
5. Run for your fucking life
6. 3rd Read
7. Pray you see something.
It's not bullshit when Cousins makes a single read then becomes checkdown Charlie cause there's a DB within 10 yards of his receiver.

Cooper games with Raiders: 31 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 1 TD

Cooper games with Cowboys: 53 targets, 40 catches, 640 yards, 6 TDs

Carr games with Cooper: 1,783 yards, 7 TDs, 8 INTs, 88.3 passer rating

Carr games without Cooper: 1,651 yards, 11 TDs, 0 INTs, 105.8 pass rating

giphy.gif

What teams have better receivers than Thielen/Diggs.....?

What teams have better receivers than Thielen/Diggs.....?
I'm not saying there are teams with three top tier receivers.

My point more was that other teams have a couple other options that are consistent past their top 2.

I'll admit part of the problem is it seems like Diggs and Thielen aren't great at those off the cuff routes the way Jordy was for Rodgers as an example.

Cooper games with Raiders: 31 targets, 22 catches, 280 yards, 1 TD

Cooper games with Cowboys: 53 targets, 40 catches, 640 yards, 6 TDs

Carr games with Cooper: 1,783 yards, 7 TDs, 8 INTs, 88.3 passer rating

Carr games without Cooper: 1,651 yards, 11 TDs, 0 INTs, 105.8 pass rating

giphy.gif
woah.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back