• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Locked NFL Discussion: Chiefs Dynasty

Lets hear it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. Wonder when Jefferson demands a trade. No way he signs an extension with them now.
They should be able to pretty easily hand him the highest WR contract ever now. Id imagine he wouldnt turn that down.

Holy shit the Packers are fucking stupid

Runyan was finally looking good at the end of last season

So was Jordy and Gute wouldn't even offer him vet minimum back in 2018.

I get it's a business, but a lot of these guys would have taken less to stay with the team.

I wonder if Gute and Rosehaus banged heads on Runyan and a Jones restructure and it lead to Jones being let go.

Tbf, Lamar Jackson having a leg injury when that's like 1/2 of his production is wildly different than Kirk who's slightly more mobile than Drew Bledsoe and Peyton Manning

Kirk is slightly more mobile than the statues of Bledsoe and Manning.

Before @Croaker laughs too much, a whopping 12.5m is guaranteed so 4 years 48m is as fake as it gets.

All good :D

Just saying the early reported numbers are inflated/fake agent speak

Players and agents have to know that they will never get the money on the back end of those contracts. At least the agents have to. Do the agents get paid by the contract that is signed or by the amount that the player actually gets?

Never lost faith in my friend Will.

Maybe he realized that kicking at sea level was going to cut back his production.

The fact theyre even paying Jacobs is hilarious to me

He clearly slowed down last year. Just draft two rookies and pick up other guys. His production wont be any better than a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a top RB in the draft. Well, unless they draft a bust like RayJ Dillon again.

I think there was pressure from the league for RB salarys to at least remain stable and not go down. And for that to happen the best RBs needed to get paid.

Last year RBs were asking to get a seperate CBA carveout and what not. And I think the NFL is going to try and stop things getting worse for RBs to prevent something like that. If things get worse those sort of solutions will gain momentum.

Last edited:
So Aaron Jones getting a whopping 7 million from the Viqueers (who else), seems like the Packers were right about his value after all…

So Aaron Jones getting a whopping 7 million from the Viqueers (who else), seems like the Packers were right about his value after all…
I think he turned down more money from the Packers. His going the Vikings smells like a spite move.

I think he turned down more money from the Packers. His going the Vikings smells like a spite move.
Packers wanted a 50% pay cut from his 12 million, but like you said I’m pretty sure they could have met at 8 or something. Definitely feels like a spite move, but also a surprisingly soft market for him in general. He’s been hurt a lot, might have been a factor. Just sad all around…

I called Jets or Vikings in the Packer forum. The Vikings have so much Packer Envy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back