• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked NFL Discussion: Chiefs Dynasty

Lets hear it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they pretty much let go of Hyde, Poyer, Morse and white all for cap space. I think Hamlin is one of their only safeties on the roster right now lol.. then again they’re probably just gearing up to give Donte Jackson a max deal and trade for Miles Canders imo.
Hype and poyer were awful last year and always hurt. White has barely played much in 3 years. The only player who you can make an argument for was Morse but he’s also old. Getting rid of them makes sense. Don’t want to be like the saints who have to keep all their washed up players and fucking up their future cap just so they can be shit tier.

There’s also a ton of safeties on the market so they should be able to have some decent options to sign for cheap

My brother in Christ, your team was the standard of mediocre at best QB play before Mahomes

sit down
Hey the Chiefs had such greats as Steve DeBerg, Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono etc....You're right those guys do measure up to every Bears QB ever.

Hey the Chiefs had such greats as Steve DeBerg, Elvis Grbac, Steve Bono etc....You're right those guys do measure up to every Bears QB ever.
The Bears had Jay Cutler and Sid Luckman. Easily better than every other Queef, including Moncana

And Joe Montana.

The Bears last franchise QB was born in 1916. The Bears have had somme decent QBs since then.

See what I did there:)

My brother in Christ, your team was the standard of mediocre at best QB play before Mahomes

sit down
If the chefs can go from losing 30 point leads in the playoffs to multiple championships any of our teams can do it.

Hype and poyer were awful last year and always hurt. White has barely played much in 3 years. The only player who you can make an argument for was Morse but he’s also old. Getting rid of them makes sense. Don’t want to be like the saints who have to keep all their washed up players and fucking up their future cap just so they can be shit tier.

There’s also a ton of safeties on the market so they should be able to have some decent options to sign for cheap

The saints are a prime example of being in salary cap hell. You can keep kicking the can down the road as long as it works until it doesn’t. People will say the salary cap is a myth then contradict that by saying a rookie qb contract is the most valuable asset in the league. If the cap didn’t matter Tyreek would still be a chief.

teams have to make a dozen moves including cutting fan favorites, letting key contributors walk, nonexistent in free agency, praying to god rookies are viable starters in year one

fans: i told you the salary cap was a myth!

The saints are a prime example of being in salary cap hell. You can keep kicking the can down the road as long as it works until it doesn’t. People will say the salary cap is a myth then contradict that by saying a rookie qb contract is the most valuable asset in the league. If the cap didn’t matter Tyreek would still be a chief.

teams have to make a dozen moves including cutting fan favorites, letting key contributors walk, nonexistent in free agency, praying to god rookies are viable starters in year one

fans: i told you the salary cap was a myth!

Its a myth in the sense GMs are forced to stay under it.

Its real in the sense if there were no cap GMs would be able to spend a whole lot more.

Also the points of the cap is to A artificially reduce salarys and B maintain the parity that makes the NFL the NFL. All the owners have agreed to that because in the first way it benefits them as a collective and in the second way because it benefits the sports. And all the GMs work for the owners. So if the cap is fake per say no GM is going to just go New York Yankees even if they theoretically could. They are going to pay the cap at least lip service even if there are ways to get around it because their bosses agreed to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back