Next UFC event has 14 fights!?

It's going to become the new normal

IN
giphy.gif

Might need to, with all the fighters that they have signed.

Why would you hope they have fewer fights? My guess is eventually the new norm is going to be 5 fights on fightpass, 5 on the prelims and 5 for the main card.

I see it as a 3 fight card.

Cowboy vs Cowboy
Garbrandt vs Lineker
Brandon Thatch vs Siyar

EDIT: Bermudez's on the card too. Makes it 3.5 fights.

I see it as a 3 fight card.

Cowboy vs Cowboy
Garbrandt vs Lineker
Brandon Thatch vs Siyar

EDIT: Bermudez's on the card too. Makes it 3.5 fights.
Brunson/Carnerio, Strickland/Garcia, and Campbell/Krause are all sick fights as well. Especially Sean Strickland vs Alex Garcia. Honestly might be the best fight on the whole card. I can't wait for Thatch/Bahadurzada though either

In what universe is more fights worse?
One in which half the fighters on a given card are a bunch of mediocre no-names who are indistinguishable from guys on the regional circuit.

One which in which that many God damn fights pushes the main event past fucking midnight (sorry, I have a life, job, family outside of MMA unlike half you fat neckbeards)

One in which the overall quality of fight cards gets diluted because all these no-namers are not enough to sell an event by themselves, yet there are so many fighters that need to have fights, that they spread the top fighters out across multiple cards that need SOMETHING to make them appealing.

This isn't that hard to understand. If all you want is just MMA, watch Bellator or Legacy or ONE FC.

I won't apologize for demanding consistently high-quality fight cards from what is supposed to be the premier MMA promotion in the world. It's my time and money, I don't give it up for mediocrity.

550+ fighter roster + Content needed for fight pass= 14-15 fight cards being the norm soon.

It's a pretty disappointing card imo. Really no fights with any title implications. Very weak main event. I understand they can't all be top notch but it's still disappointing. Going to be a long wait untill silva vs bisping

One in which half the fighters on a given card are a bunch of mediocre no-names who are indistinguishable from guys on the regional circuit.

One which in which that many God damn fights pushes the main event past fucking midnight (sorry, I have a life, job, family outside of MMA unlike half you fat neckbeards)

One in which the overall quality of fight cards gets diluted because all these no-namers are not enough to sell an event by themselves, yet there are so many fighters that need to have fights, that they spread the top fighters out across multiple cards that need SOMETHING to make them appealing.

This isn't that hard to understand. If all you want is just MMA, watch Bellator or Legacy or ONE FC.

I won't apologize for demanding consistently high-quality fight cards from what is supposed to be the premier MMA promotion in the world. It's my time and money, I don't give it up for mediocrity.

PREACH!

I never understood more is better. Would a 20 fight card be better? What about 30 fights?

If the UFC had 200 fighters in 2009 but over 550 today, that means well over half the roster would not have been worthy of being in the UFC just a few years ago. About 70% of the roster are AXS level fighters.

I don't mind 50 events a year. But limit it to 8 fights each.

Lol you are a drama queen. Are you crying right now?

Relax buddy holy shit your emotional

Makes no difference to me. I only ever download the main card.

The UFC event in London (Silva vs. Bisping card) was supposed to have 14 fights as well, but after the Jimi Manuwa vs. Nikita Krylov fight got cancelled they just kept it at 13 fights.

I wouldn't mind 14 fights becoming the new norm.

Back