Next in line for FW title shot?

Still Yair took Frankie's spot and won in one of the best fights of the year, that's worth something. I'm more looking at Volkanovski though.

Frankie has fought more and has as many wins as Yair does since that brutally one-sided drubbing. Really don't see how you can make a valid argument that Rodriguez is ahead of Edgar.

But yes, if Volkanovski wins it's definitely his. But if Aldo wins I don't want to see Frankie get his shot by default. He definitely can beat someone else for it, and I like seeing him get W's.

Last edited:
division is in a wierd spot. aldo is doing these pointless contender fights when hes most likely not getting a title shot because he wont sign a contract extension unless its a good ass deal. hard to imagine they'll pay him a fuck ton to stick around seeing as he isnt the biggest draw

if he beats alex its 1 less guy for max to fight. if that happens all thats left is edgar who beat cub over a year ago. they need to get zabit booked here ASAP and maybe he can fight for the belt soon if he beats 1 more top guy. zabit vs ortega makes sense, but then what happens if ortega beats him? max just beat the snot out of brian in december.

Still Yair took Frankie's spot and won in one of the best fights of the year, that's worth something. I'm more looking at Volkanovski though.
Yair landed a lucky shot at the last minute. Nothing in that fight showed he can compete with Max. He’s a nice prospect but still needs a lot of seasoning. Volk probably has the best chance at beating Max, still Edgar deserves the first shot.

Aldo vs. Volk winner

Edgar should fight Zabit or Ortega rematch but he doesn't deserve a ts for his win over Cub

Edgar isn’t gonna fight Zabit, they train together sometimes

lol at giving Edgar another undeserved title-shot, wtf?

Shitty idea imo, it should be either Volkanovski or Zabit.

lol at giving Edgar another undeserved title-shot, wtf?

Shitty idea imo, it should be either Volkanovski or Zabit.

Don't see how Zabit deserves it over Edgar. His best win is Stephens, who Frankie also beat. I think it only makes sense to match Zabit and Edgar up, I'd watch the fuck outta that.

Don't see how Zabit deserves it over Edgar. His best win is Stephens, who Frankie also beat. I think it only makes sense to match Zabit and Edgar up, I'd watch the fuck outta that.

Yeah obviously Zabit can't get it right now, either Volkanovski gets it after he beats Aldo or Aldo wins and Zabit gets it after beating either Aldo or Edgar in his next bout.

Zabit and Frankie wouldn't fight, they're close friends and training partners. Zabit and his friends used to live in Frankie's father in law's house.

Do Edgar vs Holloway while the division figures itself out and please don't feed contenders to Aldo. Stephens was a fine fight but without the Aldo loss Moicano could've been the next contender. Give Aldo guys like Lamas and Josh Emmett while keeping guys like Mirsad and Zabit othet contenders, even eachother would be fine.

Really?

If he barely eeks out a split decision, or something along those lines....

You'd be wrong.
If he barely eeks out a split decision he'll have accomplished something Edgar couldn't do in 50 minutes. He'll have accomplished something that only Max and Conor have been capable of during Aldo's WEC and UFC runs. Should he win regardless of how, he's unquestionably more deserving than anyone else. Who else would you give the shot to in your scenario? Edgar?

If he barely eeks out a split decision he'll have accomplished something Edgar couldn't do in 50 minutes. He'll have accomplished something that only Max and Conor have been capable of during Aldo's WEC and UFC runs. Should he win regardless of how, he's unquestionably more deserving than anyone else. Who else would you give the shot to in your scenario? Edgar?

Edgar deserves it.

It’s a fight I’d really like to see.

Volk has alot of time to get that shot

division is in a wierd spot. aldo is doing these pointless contender fights when hes most likely not getting a title shot because he wont sign a contract extension unless its a good ass deal. hard to imagine they'll pay him a fuck ton to stick around seeing as he isnt the biggest draw

if he beats alex its 1 less guy for max to fight. if that happens all thats left is edgar who beat cub over a year ago. they need to get zabit booked here ASAP and maybe he can fight for the belt soon if he beats 1 more top guy. zabit vs ortega makes sense, but then what happens if ortega beats him? max just beat the snot out of brian in december.
Where do people get the idea that Aldo isn’t a drawl? I understand his ppv numbers aren’t the biggest but that’s because his largest demographic doesn’t buy ppvs.. he literally has a bigger social media following then any fighter not named Connor or khabib. He’s got like 400k more ig followers than double champ dc and more than max and tj combined..

Edgar deserves it.

It’s a fight I’d really like to see.

Volk has alot of time to get that shot
Sure if Volk loses give it to Edgar, but if Volk gets by Aldo, a thing Edgar couldn't really get close to accomplishing in 50 minutes of trying, than it's patently Volk who would deserve it more.

Back