Next generation Playstation PSVR is going to rewrite the VR rule book with insane specs.

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
A report from UploadVR, citing “multiple sources,” claims that Sony’s next-gen PlayStation VR 2 headset will bring a big jump in resolution, along with eye-tracking, IPD adjustment, and even head-mounted haptics.

UploadVR today reported that “multiple sources” shared details about the PSVR 2 headset after Sony revealed info to partners. Here’s the key info claimed in the report:

• 4.1MP (2,000 × 2,040) per-eye resolution
  • IPD adjustment dial
  • Eye-tracking capable of foveated rendering
  • USB-C tether to PS5
  • Inside-out tracking
  • Head-mounted haptics
Road to VR has not been able to independently verify details of the report, though several sources says that these sorts of leaks tend to be the result of details shared with third-party developers.

It's a game changer not just in the desktop console space but even with higher end PC VR space.

Even hand tracking going to be incorporated similar to Valves hand tracking.

safe_image.php

https://www.roadtovr.com/psvr-2-spe...QruwdYg2ogxqkh9Nb4Mf1u3yKOxyqs48HG47DGMqkZGVg

At 4.1 megapixels (2,000 × 2,040) per-eye, PSVR 2 would have one of the highest resolution displays among consumer VR headsets today, beat out only by the HP Reverb G2. This would dwarf the 1.0 megapixel per-eye of the original PSVR.

Headset Megapixels per-eye Released
PSVR 1.0 2016
Rift CV1 1.3 2016
Rift S 1.8 2019
Vive Pro 2.3 2018
Quest 2.3 2019
Index 2.3 2019
Quest 2 3.5 2020
PSVR 2 (rumored) 4.1 After 2021
Reverb G2 4.7 2020

Side note I just purchased a brand new Quest 2 my first VR headset what did it for me is the ability to incorporate your outside world with your VR surroundings via an innovative way of using the exterior camera's and hand tracking seriously impressive programming. I am going to use the Link cable to connect to my PC because my PC already has a Type-C connector.

Just make it easy to use and less cumbersome.
The weight and design of the headsets have improved considerably since the earlier headsets because of innovative new optics the display can be placed closer without the eye strain and disorientation caused by earlier headsets. This allows for headsets that are lighter weight and designers are working on new materials that make the headsets breathable and cooler for longer play time.

Side note I just purchased a brand new Quest 2 my first VR headset what did it for me is the ability to incorporate your outside world with your VR surroundings via an innovative way of using the exterior camera's and hand tracking seriously impressive programming. I am going to use the Link cable to connect to my PC because my PC already has a Type-C connector.

Explain that better have no clue what you mean

I remember I tested the original one for PS4 and I thought it was great then. I might actually get this one.

You can connect the Quest 2 wirelessly to your PC and play PC VR games via Virtual Desktop.

A report from UploadVR, citing “multiple sources,” claims that Sony’s next-gen PlayStation VR 2 headset will bring a big jump in resolution, along with eye-tracking, IPD adjustment, and even head-mounted haptics.

UploadVR today reported that “multiple sources” shared details about the PSVR 2 headset after Sony revealed info to partners. Here’s the key info claimed in the report:

• 4.1MP (2,000 × 2,040) per-eye resolution
  • IPD adjustment dial
  • Eye-tracking capable of foveated rendering
  • USB-C tether to PS5
  • Inside-out tracking
  • Head-mounted haptics
Road to VR has not been able to independently verify details of the report, though several sources says that these sorts of leaks tend to be the result of details shared with third-party developers.

It's a game changer not just in the desktop console space but even with higher end PC VR space.

Even hand tracking going to be incorporated similar to Valves hand tracking.

safe_image.php

https://www.roadtovr.com/psvr-2-spe...QruwdYg2ogxqkh9Nb4Mf1u3yKOxyqs48HG47DGMqkZGVg

Damn... This really might make me jump ship from the Xbox this time around. I have a quest 2 which is a fun stand alone, but it pains me to know that there is better stuff out there. A gaming PC would be key, but the prices are insane right now. I'm thinking PS5 digital with the VR add-on. Plus I could play some of the PS4 exclusives that I missed out on last gen.

Damn... This really might make me jump ship from the Xbox this time around. I have a quest 2 which is a fun stand alone, but it pains me to know that there is better stuff out there. A gaming PC would be key, but the prices are insane right now. I'm thinking PS5 digital with the VR add-on. Plus I could play some of the PS4 exclusives that I missed out on last gen.
I have a RTX 2070 super to hold me over luckily just beat the nuts by about a month. My PC has a 7 gen i5 that will handle most of what I need to do. I know about the link wireless but just a backup in case things go bad.

Oh Mark Zuckerberg talked about Oculus Quest 3 as well as pro but the Quest 3 was most interesting. He said it will us the new 3nm chip and be a considerable upgrade in FOV and resolution of the headset. It will also be lighter but has more RAM. They are working on a new type of eyetracking and facial tracking for the headset. He seemed pretty happy about the Quest 2 and future offerings and that price is key for adoption. He went on an said the Quest 3 will cost more but for the specs will be well below others. Just look at the HTC stand alone headset 1,300 dollars with the same version of APU.

Last edited:

How good is a multiple monitor setup in VR? Looking at videos it does not look functional/great. Possibilities look endless and cool but having to wear a google for hours must suck

How good is a multiple monitor setup in VR? Looking at videos it does not look functional/great. Possibilities look endless and cool but having to wear a google for hours must suck
You don't need to use multiple monitors if you are only looking to work on a desktop in vr space. The idea is to create a working area within your vr environment. Meaning if your playing a game an want to save where your at you don't need to remove the headset or you don't need to buy it at all. I don't think whatever I tell you will change your opinion on VR. It's not for you.

I turned on my Oculus Quest 2 for the first time today and have to admit the screen door is almost nonexistent though I still not a fan of the edges being so prominent largely the sides not the top or the bottom. The time it takes to setup is a long time too going through connecting the phone app and the process to configure it. The display quality is very good for the price point better as I said then before and the tracking is impressive. The unit weight surprised me too like next to nothing I am worried about breaking it. overall I give it an 7 or 8 out of 10 mostly for the sub 110 degree FOV and the time it takes to setup. I got the link cable and will after testing move to wireless.

Someone I know who is a long time VR user said Facebook's only legit challenger to VR is Sony right now because he said HTC and Valve priced themselves out of the market even with the new models. The dark horse though I may add is HP with reverb G2.

Last edited:
Here is my quest 2 feeling at home. Getting a box to store it.

Anyone know when this is supposed to drop? Or has it already and I don't know because I'm a bum?

Back