Next Brazilian UFC Champ?

Tough to say but I'm pretty confident we won't see another Brazilian champ at the heavier weight classes.

Costa has youth, a nice couple of wins, and the look to get him the shot. Don't think he's quite there to defeat Israel but certainly has potential. Also wouldn't be shocked to see him fight for a 205 title down the line.

Really grown to appreciate Luque and Zaleski Dos Santos but both have probably hit their ceiling. Their last defeats have exposed major holes, and neither guy fights defensively enough to extend their win streaks into title contention.

Charles Oliveira can in theory submit anyone. A matchup vs Khabib would be interesting as Charles is probably the better striker between the two, and is live on the mat.

Barcelos looks really good. At 32, Barcelos is actually one of the younger Brazilians at bantamweight and fights like a more dynamic Pedro Munoz. Seems to be the complete package.

Fiquerdo has a shot vs Joe B but likely gets outgrappled.

Is Moraes really Brazilian? His name is Italian and he looks white

Are you trolling? Moraes is an Italian last name? "He looks white". Brazil is a country, Brazilian a nationality. Homeboy is white as milk and his last name is very Portuguese.

Has to be Costa.

Man I'm surprised that next wave of Brazilian talent hasn't really arrived. Usually there would be at least two or three top contenders/elite prospects in every weight class.

Looks like they got hit hard by USADA...

As far as potential champs Costa, Moraes and Walker (even if he just lost) look like the potential contenders to me..

Lol
We have plenty of white people in Brazil, dude.
Moraes is a very common family name in Brazil. Marlon is not a very common name, but it's not that rare (probably parents who liked Marlon Brando).
Also, Brazil received a lot of italian immigrants between the second half of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century.

Last edited:

Wow, you could make a lot of jokes starting with that line "Is <insert fighter name> really <insert country>..."

Unfortunately I am too busy right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back