Law Newsmax aplogizes for bad reporting

Darkgsp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
800.jpeg

A worker passes a Dominion Voting ballot scanner while setting up a polling location at an elementary school in Gwinnett County, Ga., outside of Atlanta on Jan. 4, 2021. Newsmax has apologized to an employee of Dominion Voting Systems for airing false allegations that he manipulating voting machines or tallies on Election Day to the detriment of former President Donald Trump. Eric Coomer, security director for Dominion, subsequently dropped the conservative news network from a defamation lawsuit. (AP Photo/Ben Gray)
NEW YORK (AP) — Newsmax apologized on Friday for airing false allegations that an employee for Dominion Voting Systems manipulated machines or tallies on Election Day to the detriment of former President Donald Trump.

Eric Coomer, security director at the Colorado-based firm, in turn dropped Newsmax from a defamation lawsuit.

The conservative news network, in a statement published on its website and to be read on TV, said that while it aired the accusations against Coomer made by Trump’s lawyers and supporters, it found no evidence that they were true.

“We would like to apologize for any harm that our reporting of the allegations against Dr. Coomer may have caused to Dr. Coomer and his family,” the network said. He said in his lawsuit that he had gone into hiding because of death threats.

So now what happens ?

800.jpeg

A worker passes a Dominion Voting ballot scanner while setting up a polling location at an elementary school in Gwinnett County, Ga., outside of Atlanta on Jan. 4, 2021. Newsmax has apologized to an employee of Dominion Voting Systems for airing false allegations that he manipulating voting machines or tallies on Election Day to the detriment of former President Donald Trump. Eric Coomer, security director for Dominion, subsequently dropped the conservative news network from a defamation lawsuit. (AP Photo/Ben Gray)
NEW YORK (AP) — Newsmax apologized on Friday for airing false allegations that an employee for Dominion Voting Systems manipulated machines or tallies on Election Day to the detriment of former President Donald Trump.

Eric Coomer, security director at the Colorado-based firm, in turn dropped Newsmax from a defamation lawsuit.

The conservative news network, in a statement published on its website and to be read on TV, said that while it aired the accusations against Coomer made by Trump’s lawyers and supporters, it found no evidence that they were true.

“We would like to apologize for any harm that our reporting of the allegations against Dr. Coomer may have caused to Dr. Coomer and his family,” the network said. He said in his lawsuit that he had gone into hiding because of death threats.

So now what happens ?
Let me translate that.
We lied to keep the Rubes motivated to sell ads for boner pills. We knew it was utter bullshit but forgot about the part that we can be sued to oblivion, so we don't want to get sued, so my bad.
Don't worry, Rubes we will keep running stories about Biden's dog, Hunter's Dong, and have one of our anchors, think its wrong for a black serviceman to have a gun legally.
Cant believe I would see the day an anchor on a Conservative opinion channel would criticize someone for legally owning a gun and nobody on the right called his ass out for it. It 's over for the 2nd amendment when right wing opinion makers become gun grabbers. I need to find a hiding spot for mine.

So the conservative network actually apologized for their bullshit reporting. At least they admitted it. You'll never see CNN or MSNBC apologize for the mountains of bullshit they heap on the public on a day to day basis.
CNN has apologized for all kinds of shit, what are you talking about?
https://www.businessinsider.com/all...and-contributors-apologized-this-year-2018-12

https://www.timesofisrael.com/cnns-amanpour-apologizes-for-juxtaposing-trump-with-nazi-crimes/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/business/media/cnn-retracted-story-on-trump.html

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article151683212.html

It is Rube thinking.
You have to somehow keep the moral high ground, so you have to make it that the team you root for, even though your team fucked up it is better than the other team.
Basically politics has lost all accountability and only consists of finger pointing.

I guess if the dude is satisfied with Newsmax’s apology and is willing to drop them from the defamation lawsuit, then so be it. That’s his prerogative.
While Dominion isn’t perfect, I hope they financially bleed all of these bullshit “news” outlets dry in their other suits. Trash right wing outlets need to be held accountable for the shit they peddle. They have done serious, possibly irreversible damage to our system of government.

It is Rube thinking.
You have to somehow keep the moral high ground, so you have to make it that the team you root for, even though your team fucked up it is better than the other team.
Basically politics has lost all accountability and only consists of finger pointing.
Totally. Those types of comments drive me nuts though. “DuRrR hOw CoMe tHe LiBeRaL oUtLetS nEvER ApOloGiZe”—when the most basic of google searches will quickly demonstrate that they do when they are wrong.

So the conservative network actually apologized for their bullshit reporting. At least they admitted it. You'll never see CNN or MSNBC apologize for the mountains of bullshit they heap on the public on a day to day basis.

uhhh yeah they 'apologized' for their lies they purposely spread, like 4 or 5 months later when they were about to get their cheeks clapped in court and finally be held accountable for their bullshit. yeah i'm sure they really mean that. they would have just kept peddling the same bullshit if they wouldnt have to answer to it financially. typical republicans. say and do whatever they want, as long as they wont be held responsible for it. and then they start singing a whole different tune.

but as for CNN, and MSNBC, what kind of bullshit are they herping out day to day here bucko? i dont hear them talking about 2020 election fraud and how their grand cult hero was cheated out of the presidency, so it must be something else. and newsflash you maga muppet, when they do fuck up with their reporting, almost all of the time they do issue an apology and correct it. they dont just keep perpetuating the same lie and then wait until months or even years later when theyre about to get pink socked in court before they finally come out and say "im sorry that we we purposely bullshitted you."

Last edited:
Their apology will receive 1% of the exposure and focus as the original lie.
Sounds like most of MSM.. sadly... I am a right winger and after a few mins of Newsmax I couldn't watch no more.. Mostly garbage

Why drop the suit?
This isn't some legitimate disagreement between two parties. These guys deliberately peddled bullshit for profit.

"I'm sorry" doesn't fix that.
I think they setteled out of court and cut a fat cheque

uhhh yeah they 'apologized' for their lies they purposely spread, like 4 or 5 months later when they were about to get their cheeks clapped in court and finally be held accountable for their bullshit. yeah i'm sure they really mean that. they would have just kept peddling the same bullshit if they wouldnt have to answer to it financially. typical republicans. say and do whatever they want, as long as they wont be held responsible for it. and then they start singing a whole different tune.

but as for CNN, and MSNBC, what kind of bullshit are they herping out day to day here bucko? i dont hear them talking about 2020 election fraud and how their grand cult hero was cheated out of the presidency, so it must be something else. and newsflash you maga muppet, when they do fuck up with their reporting, almost all of the time they do issue an apology and correct it.
They were mean to Trump.

Back