News coverage of Egypt/Suez canal.

Cirris

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Sisi built his second canal. Which is nice and all. It's a feel good project that might offer a long term cash cow. yes it was expensive. But hey put a lot of people to work for a year digging a huge ditch.

But that's not what my thread topic is about.

My topic is about the news coverage of the event. It comes off as one singular message.

"It was expensive. It's totally unnecessary. There's more pressing (social) needs"

It's like ALL the major news agencies are given a homework assignment to stress the SAME EXACT point about the event. There's not one diverging or fresh angled article I've read about this event. it's almost ALL the same.

SO I'm posing the question. Did anyone else notice this for this event?

And is this the first time you felt like a breaking news event coverage seemed so contrived and messaged that it was hard not to notice?

Your post is 100% of what I have heard about the Suez recently

Haven't watched coverage on this event, but definitely there is a lot of coordination when it comes to angling stories.

The major outlets, controlled by a handful of corporations, play a big part in shaping public opinion so they often agenda driven.

A dictator building a white elephant? no wai.

Insecurity and big projects sure sounds like your typical "security and prosperity" dictator.

Back