New York'ers...Militech NY or Progressive Martial Arts

progressive has rob g from renzos? if so then 100 percent hands down progressive

rob g did a seminar at my school a while ago, i wasnt able to go but if my teachers brought him in then he must be awesome. and from those who did go, i heard it was a great seminar. so deffinetely go to progressive

I've heard only bad things about Miletich NY to be honest. Heard bad things about the MT at Progressive too though.

i dont know nothing bout the mt, but im sure the bjj is great at progressive

out of those 2 choices i would definitely take the renzo guy. you sahould broaden your search a bit and do trial classes at every place to see whats best for you though, and don't get taslked into signing anything until you've checked them all first.

Which sport do you want to pursue? MMA? BJJ? Muay Thai?
I've never been to either of these schools but Rob G would be your best bet if your interest was BJJ since he's a Renzo BB and Miletich NY is all no-gi.

If MMA is your main interest then I suggest Miletich NY as they have more classes in different arts and also have MMA classes. PMA only has classes in Muay thai and BJJ separately, no MMA classes.

For muay thai, I'm really not sure.

Dude, PROGRESSIVE ALL THE WAY! Rob is awsome and Eric the Muay Thai instructor is awsome. Ive trained with longo, Extreme, and he's very good at teaching you the technique with the conditioning, and ability to apply it to the moving fight. Great underated instructor. Also very comfortable enviornent, no bullshit bully coaches

progressive makes you sign a contract which i wouldnt do. if it didnt i might of joined, its only one bus ride from me(88 and 17). but im more of a sambo guy anyway

i live by militech ny, went in there a few times, one of my friends used to train there. the classes i saw looked fuckin terrible, and my friend only went for 2 months cause it was terrible.

I heard bad things about militech aswell, such as he only shows interest in people willing to fight competatively, and depending where your at that might not be appropriate for at least a year (pending background and athletic ability).

The only knock on progressive is that they dont have a ring, so you might not get the needed adjustments in your game that result from practicing in the ring/cage. However I actually prefer not sparring in a ring because it becomes comfortable for beggingers, because you not surrounded by everyone stareing at you. This allows me to concentrate on areas that need improvement and not just try and slug it out to try and impress class and win.

I heard bad things about militech aswell, such as he only shows interest in people willing to fight competatively, and depending where your at that might not be appropriate for at least a year (pending background and athletic ability).

The only knock on progressive is that they dont have a ring, so you might not get the needed adjustments in your game that result from practicing in the ring/cage. However I actually prefer not sparring in a ring because it becomes comfortable for beggingers, because you not surrounded by everyone stareing at you. This allows me to concentrate on areas that need improvement and not just try and slug it out to try and impress class and win.

Hey do they have any Heavyweights 230 and up...Im a big dude

I definitly know of a few large guys there that are purple belts and one about 220 whose accomplished in mma and a purple. Im about 210 average jits skills but I wrestle good, and always have plenty of good competition. This saturday I got tapped like 3 times and was ready to flip out until I realized guy was 8-1 in MMA so I felt a little better.

If your a 230 lb. black belt you wont be that challenged but if your a large guy purple and under it will be a perfect fit. Some times morning classes have less competition but you can always roll with rob a renzo BB so no worries.

Long Island has some really good BJJ schools...

Scarola, Red Boy, Soca, Serra, Emerson Souza, D'arce has a school + more - Then NYC has a bunch! In 5 years NY will be like LA or Vegas! =)

Back