Elections New York cancels June primary and Yang files suit

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Before anyone says that Biden is the obvious winner, they cancelled an election.

We whine about gun rights while they take away our right to vote.

The decision to cancel New York’s Democratic presidential primary in June is sparking backlash from progressives, potentially threatening the party’s goal of unifying its voters ahead of the general election.

Progressives argue the vote from Democrats on the State Board of Elections deprives their wing of the party from voicing their preference ahead of the Democratic National Convention in August.

While Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) suspended his campaign and endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden earlier this month, he plans to stay on the ballots in remaining contests in an effort to gather enough delegates to exert pressure on the party to adopt more progressive platforms at the convention.

New York’s primary could have been the best opportunity for Sanders to garner a sizeable number of delegates in the remaining primaries, with 274 pledged delegates at stake. Those delegates will now go to Biden as the only candidate remaining in the presidential race.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...-primary-cancellation-sparks-progressive-fury

Former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang filed a lawsuit in federal court on Tuesday against New York after the state canceled its Democratic presidential primary.

The lawsuit filed by Yang and seven New Yorkers who filed to serve as his delegates to the Democratic National Convention argued the former candidate should not be taken off the ballot because he still met the requirements to stay on it. The plaintiffs say in the suit that neither Yang nor the delegates requested for the entrepreneur to be taken off the ballot.

Politico first reported the lawsuit against the New York State Board of Elections after the commission canceled the state’s presidential primary on Monday.

The suit alleges Yang’s removal “denies voters due process and denies voters the right to vote, and therefore must be invalidated removing the authority for the Defendant to take the actions complained of herein.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/495171-yang-sues-over-new-york-canceling-democratic-primary

Remember, these people want to reform the election process. Yes, the same party responsible for the clusterfuck that was this entire primary, with allegations of fraud (Pete's friends rigging the electronic votes), constant rule changing to get Bloomberg on stage, and now outright cancelling of elections.

Last edited:
I think I'd be really bothered by this if it were the November election. But less so right now, because the Dem primary is wrapped up. Yang already dropped out. So did everyone but Biden.

I can see how it sets a nasty precedent for sure.

I think I'd be really bothered by this if it were the November election. But less so right now, because the Dem primary is wrapped up. Yang already dropped out. So did everyone but Biden.

I can see how it sets a nasty precedent for sure.
They were still on the ballot and want their votes counted.

Two things pop into my mind:

1. Yang endorsed Biden publicly, but then sues to stay on the ballot. Seems odd.

2. New York is also a state that all of a sudden has a Democratic governor that is in the spotlight. Some are pushing him to run for president in case there is a contested convention.

Let me adjust my tinfoil hat:

Sounds like there is a purposeful fractioning of the democratic party before the convention.

Will they dump Joe just before the convention? If so, who will swoop in to take the nomination?

Let me adjust my tinfoil hat:

Sounds like there is a purposeful fractioning of the democratic party before the convention.

Will they dump Joe just before the convention? If so, who will swoop in to take the nomination?

Michelle Obama would steamroll Trump. But more likely Cuomo. Maybe Hillary, which would be fun. I think the least likely are the other primary candidates.

I see Biden being the nominee as weirdly iffy. Maybe I've been cooped up in the house too long.

Remember, this people want to reform the election process. Yes, the same party responsible for the clusterfuck that was this entire primary, with allegations of fraud (Pete's friends rigging the electronic votes), constant rule changing to get Bloomberg on stage, and now outright cancelling of elections.

When is the Republican primaries being held?

When is the Republican primaries being held?
There are 1237 delegates needed to be the republican nominee. Trump already has 1,514 and the only other guy with any is Bill Weld with 1 delegate. Joe Biden is still 563 delegates short of officially winning his.

There are 1237 delegates needed to be the republican nominee. Trump already has 1,514 and the only other guy with any is Bill Weld with 1 delegate. Joe Biden is still 563 delegates short of officially winning his.
Lol I'm shocked anyone got one considering they didn't even allow a primary election where Trump would actually have opposition.

No other candidate was qualified for the ballot. If a candidate had been on there, they would have had them.
No other candidate qualified because the Trump campaign worked behind the scene with the states and RNC.

Lol I'm shocked anyone got one considering they didn't even allow a primary election where Trump would actually have opposition.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Would you mind sourcing where primaries weren't allowed and who would have beaten him there?

weird how they want to cancel their primaries but grocery stores are still open. it's almost like they are saying democracy isnt essential

<JagsKiddingMe>

Would you mind sourcing where primaries weren't allowed and who would have beaten him there?

My home state of South Carolina for starters.....I'm sure it happened in other states in a similar fashion.

Would you mind sourcing where Primaries took place? I can't mention who would have beaten him since we'd need people to actually vote before that information is determinable.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...0-republican-presidential-primary/4398242002/

weird how they want to cancel their primaries but grocery stores are still open. it's almost like they are saying democracy isnt essential
Finally a person who gets it.

Can of coke for you.

My home state of South Carolina for starters.....I'm sure it happened in other states in a similar fashion.

Would you mind sourcing where Primaries took place? I can't mention who would have beaten him since we'd need people to actually vote before that information is determinable.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/st...0-republican-presidential-primary/4398242002/
Iowa, New Hampshire, Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Texas, Idaho, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, Washington, Florida Wisconsin and Illinois all held them already. And surprise, the incumbent president won landslides in all of them.

When is the last time the incumbent president didn't get his party's nomination?

Back