New to wrestling/Help!

OtherWhiteMeat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys. I go to an early college, and they don't have any sports teams or anything like that (the schools basically in an office complex). For PE credit, you can either run around the "school" 3 times for one of your periods, or do a sport outside of school. I want to try join the wrestling team at my old high school. I have never wrestled before besides messing with my friends, and the only stuff I know about wrestling is what Ive seen and recreated from MMA. It's a Christian school so its not like their say I not good enough, but the tryouts are more to see where they should place you skill wise. Does anyone have any tip, hints, or pointers (most likely it will just be 20 guys Christian bashing but whatever) they want to throw out there for me? I'm 15, 5'10, and 170.

russian two on one. learn it.

great position to be in both offensively and defensively.

best wishes and good luck!!

oh and welcome to the club!!!!!!!!!!!!

0872-SierackiThrowsHargrave.jpg

Ive never wrestled, but I cant imagine technique tips are going to help you too much if youve never wrestled either. I think the most important thing is you just go in, really listen to what the coach says, and dont give up or quit no matter how tired you get.

Go in with an open mind and dont quit! It will likely be one of the hardest things you do BUT if you stick it out, you will not regret it!

Well, from a guy who's still developing as a wrestler, I would say find one move and make it yours. Last year, I perfected my sprawl. Now I'm gonna' work on my double leg.

DRILL!

DRILL!

DRILL!

And if any of those Christain guys offer to check your oil don't be fooled, that isn't christain like!

Back