• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New to TUF, need advice on watching which one!

MC King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been watching mma and UFC for years but I've never bothered with TUF as I don't have FX nor spike(before).

But I made a change, and since I'm a Sonnen fan, I decided to watch this seasons TUF.

I went to sports bar etc to watch Sonnen vs Jones TUF, and I loved it. Watching the fighters daily training life was pretty cool.

So I was wondering, which TUF season shall I buy and watch? I was searching for some clips on Youtube etc .I kinda don't like bad camera effects like the old movies, so which season would you recommend?

I watched some parts of Bisping vs Mayhem Miller on Youtube , I couldn't stop laughing. So I enjoy the good humour etc, else than fighting as well.

jason41.gif

Things to know about me : I enjoy watching +70 kg fights (+155lbs) and I am a Cain V / GSP / Sonnen / Andy (and other fighters in my signiture obviously) fan.

ufc-154-gsp-pre-intv_640x360_4824643560.jpg

Thanks for reading, looking forward to your recommendations!

tumblr_m4u0y3jd391rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Serra vs Hughes was my favorite season, but Penn vs Pulver had some amazing moments, too. You should really watch all of them in order, lots of classic moments.

Season 5 Penn V Pulver with lightweights such as Joe Lauzon, Cole Miller, Nate Diaz, Gray Maynard and others you'd recognize. Great season, great fights. One of my favorites

I like season 2
GSP was a coach in season 12.
As a GSP fan I really enjoyed him in this season, even though the rest was pretty crappy

I saw an ad while watching FUEL that they're gonna play season 5 on the network and that was one of the best seasons I think.

Serra vs Hughes was my favorite season, but Penn vs Pulver had some amazing moments, too. You should really watch all of them in order, lots of classic moments.

4 is usually considered one of the best by the consensus

Season 5 Penn V Pulver with lightweights such as Joe Lauzon, Cole Miller, Nate Diaz, Gray Maynard and others you'd recognize. Great season, great fights. One of my favorites

I like season 2
GSP was a coach in season 12.
As a GSP fan I really enjoyed him in this season, even though the rest was pretty crappy

Allright will try season 4 and 5 out, if it doesn't live up to the expectations (not that it won't ^^) , season 12 it is for GSP!

Don't, you've seen enough...

hahaha how come?

I saw an ad while watching FUEL that they're gonna play season 5 on the network and that was one of the best seasons I think.

Really? Cool thanks, will check it out.

Production wise this past season with Sonnen/Jones was a thrill. The fights were also very good. As much as the drama in the house is good for tv it gets to be too much. I used to keep up with TUF by reading recap's or seeing them later on. But this season i made sure to watch them on their premiere night.

If you're gonna start watching why not watch the first season? Start from the souce first.

Production wise this past season with Sonnen/Jones was a thrill. The fights were also very good. As much as the drama in the house is good for tv it gets to be too much. I used to keep up with TUF by reading recap's or seeing them later on. But this season i made sure to watch them on their premiere night.

If you're gonna start watching why not watch the first season? Start from the souce first.

Was my first thought too.
I think the season 1 is a must seen, because... well, it was the first.
*Some things were different when we know what the show became later, but it's still a good season with a lot of names we know now like Bonnar, Griffin, Florian, Sanchez, Koscheck,...

Was my first thought too.
I think the season 1 is a must seen, because... well, it was the first.
*Some things were different when we know what the show became later, but it's still a good season with a lot of names we know now like Bonnar, Griffin, Florian, Sanchez, Koscheck,...

Seen most of the fights of Season 1, thats why I was avoiding it, but I guess you are right, have to watch them from the begining

TUF 1 & 5 were my favorite seasons. They both had the best fighters too & most are still in the UFC unlike the other seasons.

Seasons 1, 2, and 4 are the best, and seasons 3, 5, 8, and 10 are not too far behind it. After that, I largely ignored TUF, although the fights on Season 14 (particularly the BW's) and 17 were excellent.

Season 1 had Forrest, Bonnar, Kos, Leben, Quarry, Sanchez, KenFlo, etc.
Season 2 had Rashad, Guillard, Bid Daddy Stevenson, the King of Mean Jardine, Petrizelli, Burkman, etc.
Season 4 had Serra, Lights Out Lytle, Cote, Rivera, Lutter, Scott Smith, Clementi, etc.

Last edited:
TUF 1 & 5 were my favorite seasons. They both had the best fighters too & most are still in the UFC unlike the other seasons.

Seasons 1, 2, and 4 are the best, and seasons 3, 5, 8, and 10 are not too far behind it. After that, I largely ignored TUF, although the fights on Season 14 (particularly the BW's) and 17 were excellent.

Will watch seasons 1(most of it again), 4, 5 and 12 than

Thanks for sharing everyone, appreciate it.

Any season but the following: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, smashes.

imo 5, 14, 15 are the best.

Any season but the following: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, smashes.

imo 5, 14, 15 are the best.

yea saw some episodes from smashes, didn't like it at all, 13 was with Lesnar and JDS right? Sucks that Lesnar was injured

My top 5:
1. Season 3 (Tito vs Ken)
2. Season 5 (BJ vs Jens)
3. Season 14 (Bisping vs Mayhem)
4. Season 6 (Hughes vs Serra)
5. Season 11 (Chuck vs Tito)

FYI: I remember a lot of the fights on season 4 to be pretty boring. Shame on whoever recommended it.

Seen most of the fights of Season 1, thats why I was avoiding it, but I guess you are right, have to watch them from the begining

Swick, Leben, Forrest, Koscheck, Bonnar, Quarry, Sanchez and Florian all came from that one season. If you want to see just straight out nonsense and crazy shit. Watch season 8. Junie Browning going batshit multiple times is enough to make you watch it. Plus you get the Flithy one with this little gem:
method=get&s=tom-lawlor-gif-02-14-13-9-14-36-38.gif

Talent wise, the first five are definitely the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back