New to jiu jitsu

cvines

White Belt
Reaction score
this evenin im goin to my first jiu jitsu lesson at defkon one. it is supposedly an intro lesson. i have never done anything like it so i was just wonderin what to expect to be doing tonight.

Expect to get subbed. But it's quite fun, ground fight is whole new universe.

for the first ten minutes (or so) you'll be warming up.. It will consist of some simple exercises to get the blood flowing.

After that, your professor will probably demonstrate a technique a couple of times and will then have you partner with someone to drill that technique. Depending on the length of the class, you will probably learn between 3 to 6 techniques.

I doubt he'll have you roll at the end of class but he may.

My advice would be to listen to what he says, and be respectful in class.

If you do roll, tap early. An ego has no place in a bjj gym... Try not to "spazz" if you do roll.. Just take things slow and you'll be fine. Good luck and have fun.

1st day you wont be rolling... so no need to worry bout that.

if your schools anything like mine... you'll start with jogging. then skipping, jumping touching the floor and other stuff while jogging.. after that, you'll line up and do stuff thats hard to explain by typing.. stuff like falling backwards, then kicking your leg out and standing up again, and sprawls.

then more than likely you'll get a water break, come back in 2 minutes, and your instructor will teach everybody a technique then everybody will practice it on each other.

after that he'll teach everybody some more things and with about 20 minutes left in class, your gonna watch 3 5minute rounds of fellow students rolling with each other

If you have an ego you gonna have a bad time.
If ya don't its gonna be a blast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back