New scoring criteria?

taggermest

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Should there be? Based on damage? sometimes there are fights where the clear winner of the combat sport judging criteria takes more of a beating than the loser.

Nick Diaz is known for having lost some fights where he beat the other guy up more. We see these types of fights constantly....

Now, with Anderson Silva losing to Bisping. He clearly lost on points and Bisping did a slightly better job at controlling the fight and landing more shots....but.....

In a purely physiological sense...I would much rather come out in Silvas shoes than Bispings.

Dear God did he take a beating. Fully KOd . Face busted up....just not a good healthy win for him. Anderson despite getting dropped n taking nice hits, came out fresh.

A Nobel peace prize is in order.............................................................just kidding

Some people, especially light skinned white dudes look way more beat up after fights. Come on TS, Fedor for example?

Some people, especially light skinned white dudes look way more beat up after fights. Come on TS, Fedor for example?

Melatonin prevents cuts? Swelling? Bruising? Hmmm . Interesting..

Anything is better then the current one.

I understand what you are trying to say.

But that is going to lead to controversy as well. GSP for instance looks horrible after fights even though you wouldnt say he was damaged more during the fight.

There is no system that will fully satisfy all opinions. I think we just have to accept that.

You apparently need to watch more fights and stop reading so many science books TS

I think the scoring system is flawed but I wouldn't base anything off of Silva fight, since it was kind of an aberration in itself with several very bad decisions made by Silva especially in the 4th. In my opinion we need more 10-8 and 10-7 rounds depending on the level of dominance and damage.

They need to define what a real 10-8 round is. 10-8's only seem to be given when someone is almost finished.

Back