New Nate Diaz Drawing

I used to do alot of wood carving. I really like the style of the Haida peoples. Western Canadian Aboriginals. Or First Nations people.

I've taken many trips all over British Columbia to study their art first hand. There are many styles up and down the west coast of Canada.

I haven't done any since relocating to the US though. But I'll get back into someday.

I started after seeing the movie Shawshank Redemption. There was a late snowfall that broke a big branch off a tree in my yard. So I made a king chess piece. Just using a knife and sandpaper. It looked so good I made a whole set. Stained one in a nice light colour, and the other in a dark cherry stain.

And bought a Dremel and all kinds of bits, and knives, and carving tools.

Art is fun and really relaxing. I used to make personal birthday gifts for my family members based on their individual likenesses of specific animals. My wife it was Orcas. My dad was Loons... My mom it was religious symbols. Crucifixes, etc.

Thanks again for sharing.

One thing... How big are these prints ?

I looked up the Haida carvings. Incredible stuff, I love the style. Thank you for telling me about it.

And yeah, there's really nothing more cathartic than art, than creating something. I hope you can get back into doing it again soon, man. It's a great release.

As for the prints, they vary, but in general around 8x10

Nice work TS, all skinny fat and all.

2a6lb2r.jpg

j/k

It´s awesome.

Lol that pic is great dude

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back