new move just learned!!

P

pitviper259

hey all i dont start many new threads but this one i felt is a must. I just learned the nicest choke that works on nearly all because they dont see it coming! I started my grappling training as a pure wrestler so it was easy for me to stop shots and end up in the front russian (some people call this a cow catcher position but i like the front russian name ;)) anyways by simply holding this lock and stepping your legs over the opponents neck and back you end up with them in a guillotine variation. I'll describe step by step

1. opponent shoots in and you sprawl with a front russian locked in.
2. you step over the opponents head then over his back so your arms are in between your legs locked in the front russian position
3. simply straighten out your body

this choke is very high percentage if you can remember how to do it, try it out and have fun with it let me know how it turns out for all of you wrestlers out there!

any pics anywhere ? wats a front russian ?

ttt for the definition of a "front russian". Any video, pics, etc would be a great help.

I'm kind of confused. I have a picture in my mind but it seems weird. Perhaps if I understand a front russian.

Never heard of a "front russian headlock" in all my born days. Do you just mean a front headlock? And if so, I can't put how you could step over someone's head with it? I'm lost also.

I think I've got it - imagine you're sitting on a log with a leg to either side. You reach under the log and grip your hands together, then pull up by arching your back. There would be a huge amount of pressure on the log, which is being squeezed between your interlocked hands and your crotch.

Now replace the log with a guy's trachea. That's one hell of a choke!

Also, do you step your legs forward so that they are under his arms? If you could get your legs under his arms and around his chest, he'd be royally fucked.

tried googling it, and just got alot about full nelson, leg sweep stuff.

sounds like when you step over your arms are crossed on his neck?? i think whoever did this was smoking crack

Front russian? Peruvian neck tie? Is there an AMERICAN version that we can all understand?
Pics please, or a clearer and more accurate description, please...

lol.. I don't know what that guy was talking about choking his log, but pit viper seems to be talking about the peruvian neck tie. Front russian would probably mean one arm under hooking his arm, the other arm around his neck like the modified guilitine. From this point you step over the head and onto the back.. Kind of difficult to explain, ask your local BB.

And stop choking your logs, it makes you go blind.

I think he's basically performed an arm in guillotine where you put the back of your knees over their shoulders.

i think he's referring to a peruvian necktie, but i'm not so sure about the "front russian healock" term so i could be wrong

I am perturbed by this forum's reluctance to figure logs and log-based analogies into the solution.

ok you guys the front russian lock is basically the same as the anaconda choke same lock with your arms and all but the difference is that once your hands are locked up in the anaconda choke position simply step over opponents body and straighten your body out creating tremendous pressure

so lemme see if i got this straight....you have a front headlock with the guy's right arm in. then you drive forward but loosen up your grip a little so you have space, step your right leg over the back of his head and swing your left leg onto his back to stop the roll? if so....hell yeah thats a good choke, i use it all the time, the guilotine and its variations are underrated submissions especially no gi. ppl think guilotines are only for noobs for some reason.

colinm said:
so lemme see if i got this straight....you have a front headlock with the guy's right arm in. then you drive forward but loosen up your grip a little so you have space, step your right leg over the back of his head and swing your left leg onto his back to stop the roll? if so....hell yeah thats a good choke, i use it all the time, the guilotine and its variations are underrated submissions especially no gi. ppl think guilotines are only for noobs for some reason.

exactly but i say if you think its a move for noobs and get caught in it, what does that say about you? The facial responses you get to that are pretty funny.

Its a front headlock variation.Thats answer your goddamn question!

Back