New: Looking for glove/wrap recommendations

Stevarius

White Belt
Reaction score
I've recently started kickboxing and BJJ at a local gym and neglected to ask them about gloves and wrist wraps I'd need.

I'm looking for a wrist wrap that isn't a hassle and a glove I can use for bag work while maybe being able to be used for an MMA class they offer that involves actual sparring.

I'm overwhelmed by the choices, but I'm interested in maybe a gel wrap which seems hassle free, but gloves... I haven't a clue where to start nor see any stickies named anything similar to help point me in the right direction.

Thanks ahead of time,
Steve :redface:

What is your age, height, and weight? And, are you interested in a Muay Thai boxing style glove (which is most likely what you will need), or a fingerless MMA style glove?

:icon_chee

I would stay away from the gel wraps (padded gloves that compress hands and fit under gloves) they will shred in no time. Go with classic wraps, as they provide the best protection. Also you would probly be best to start with your std. 16oz thai gloves.

Last edited:
I really like the cotton wraps that Fairtex make, they feel amazing and they are thin too.

Back