New Korean MMA News and Discussion

Nice. Thanks for posting. I passed out last night.

Jung Moonhong, Road FC CEO, told about next lightweight & bantamweight titles today;

Winner of Sasaki Shinji vs. Bruno Miranda in Road FC 033 will face lightweight champ Kwon Asol for the title in december 10 this year.
Winner of Kim Minwoo vs. Nezu Yuta in Road FC 033 will face Kim Soochul for the vacant bantamweight title. (date TBA)

http://sports.news.naver.com/general/news/read.nhn?oid=477&aid=0000045902 (Korean article)

Jung Moonhong, Road FC CEO, told about next lightweight & bantamweight titles today;

Winner of Sasaki Shinji vs. Bruno Miranda in Road FC 033 will face lightweight champ Kwon Asol for the title in december 10 this year.
Winner of Kim Minwoo vs. Nezu Yuta in Road FC 033 will face Kim Soochul for the vacant bantamweight title. (date TBA)

http://sports.news.naver.com/general/news/read.nhn?oid=477&aid=0000045902 (Korean article)
Figured those fights were #1 contender bouts. Interesting that Soo Chul now gets to fight for the title, I know for awhile there was an issue with ONE that kept him from fighting for it. I wonder if recently ROAD was just avoiding knocking him or Yoon Jun Lee off.

TOP FC is making a quick turnaround, they have announced TFC DREAM 1 for October 8th. The only info on it so far is that there will be a Lightweight tournament.

Might Mo has arrived in Korea:

Also, did anyone catch the videos they had of the fighter who shaved his head for cancer? That dude was rocking the Korean mullet. Hadn't seen one of those in awhile. They were pretty popular back in 06-07

It sounds like TFC DREAM is going to be a tie in event with their new show and will be a Strikeforce Challengers type deal.
Also, did anyone catch the videos they had of the fighter who shaved his head for cancer? That dude was rocking the Korean mullet. Hadn't seen one of those in awhile. They were pretty popular back in 06-07
The actor dude? He's been training and ROAD has posted a few videos of him sparring with Hong Man Choi. Idk if he plans on fighting or not, he's in his 50's.

It sounds like TFC DREAM is going to be a tie in event with their new show and will be a Strikeforce Challengers type deal.

The actor dude? He's been training and ROAD has posted a few videos of him sparring with Hong Man Choi. Idk if he plans on fighting or not, he's in his 50's.
Oh, okay. I thought at first he wasn't actually a fighter, then with some of their social media posts, it got confusing. I need to step up and work on my Korean skills lol.

Oh, okay. I thought at first he wasn't actually a fighter, then with some of their social media posts, it got confusing. I need to step up and work on my Korean skills lol.
He's some cheesy action movie star

Also while looking around for information about TFC DREAM 1 I found some info on Yui Chul Nam. Seems like he's speaking at universities or something and participated in the Korean version of Master Chef earlier this year.

So it seems that TOP FC's TV show, The Fighting Cage, is set up TUF style with the 2 team leaders being Jong Man Kim (one of the first high level Koreans, beat Hioki and Atsushi Yamamoto, retired with a win at TOP's inaugural event) and Do Hyung Kim (won multiple tournaments in Neo Fight and MARS, has wins over Jong Man Kim, Mikhail Malyutin, and Kwang Hee Lee).

It sounds like the 2 teams will make up the Lightweight tournament at TFC DREAM 1. I think so far I have identified Joo Hwa Seok, Sung Kwon Kim, Ho Taek Oh, Jong Heon Park, Dong Young Lee, Jung Hyun Choi, Woo Hyuk Choi, Gyu Ho Song, and Se Hwan Cho as being contestants. A lot of them are from TOP's amateur league which Tapology is missing a few events for so there might be some missing fights for them.

Here's the event so far
http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/41768-tfc-dream-1

Seems the guess that it is a prospect building type thing was correct

Last edited:
Wow, Do Hyung Kim. That name takes me back. I watched his fight with A Sol Kwon live in person. That was a big time grudge match.

Kim Bo Sung (the actor) will fight at the ROAD event on December 10th (ROAD FC 34 I assume) as a part of ROAD's charity project, proceeds will benefit children with cancer. A Sol Kwon vs Shinji Sasaki lightweight title fight is also tentatively scheduled for the event.

^^^Kim Bo is fighting! He didn't die he signed with ROAD! Long live Kim Bo!

Haven't had one of these in a while. A place to discuss all these related to Korean mma, mma in Korea, Korean fighters, etc.

latest news:
Korea based Road FC recently held their first ever event in China. Results: http://www.sherdog.com/events/Road-FC-27-Road-Fighting-Championship-27-48369

Their next event and the tournament semifinals haven't yet been announced

Soo Chul Kim picked up a win at Rizin 2: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Soo-Chul-Kim-69076

anyone have anything new to add?

Also, besides Road, are there any other promotions running out of Korea, pro or amateur?

Kim is on a tear

Kim Bo Sung (the actor) will fight at the ROAD event on December 10th (ROAD FC 34 I assume) as a part of ROAD's charity project, proceeds will benefit children with cancer. A Sol Kwon vs Shinji Sasaki lightweight title fight is also tentatively scheduled for the event.
hahaha, good for him. surprised he's actually fighting, but good to see he's doing it for charity.

I'm not familiar with this show or what it's about but Dong Hyun Kim was transformed into an old man

Last edited:
Back