New Help ;/

D

Dave321

Yea its me again with my dumb questions. I have been running/ rolling alot and im a pretty out of shape guy. Ive just got into BJJ and fitness. Trying to get in good shape but on to the question. When you guys first started did you have like nots on your back. Where it feels pretty damn painful when you rub your back. And also do your ribs bruise because when im in my brother's guard he tends to squeeze the shit outa me. Now when i breathe i get some pain. Is this normal or should i take it easy. Or go back to the couch potato days. Thx for help, I know these dumb questions but im honestly concerned im hurting myself lol.

Perfectly normal to feel like you got hit by a truck for your first few months of serious grappling.

Eventually you'll have built up your "mat callous" and be an impervious motherfucker.

dont give up.
pain comes with it, if someone is holding you that tight in the guard, he is using a lot of energy, dig you elbos in to the side of his knees and i bet he lets go

oh and a question when you dig the elbows in. Do you do it to his inner thighs cuz of the pain or the knees 0o.

its right above the knee on the inner thigh, if he holds tight it will hurt him more

Dave321 said:
oh and a question when you dig the elbows in. Do you do it to his inner thighs cuz of the pain or the knees 0o.
ask ur instructor to show u the right spot its sorta a pressure point under the knee cap

see if you search my posts im lookin for a school but to no avial. I live in a small shit hole of a town. I just mess around with my brother. I'm not an ass, I have no allusion of knowing the slightiest basics. I just am a huge fan of mma and think bjj is awesome. I would ask my instructor but i dont have one.;/

since you dont have an instructor do this
1. look at the thread at the top-user submitted techniques...lots of good stuff
2. techniques at bjj.org
3. maybe get a dvd or two and train off them
i suggest the marcelo garcia no gi ones and if you get gi tapes, get the basics
4. try to make a seminar sometime
5. read the threads in the forum to see what other people have done and you will get ideas that should help you out.

Dave321 said:
That's one way to open the guard (thighs), as you progress you'll find more ways to open the guard. The pain never goes away.LOL. Get a massage once in a while, listen to your body too resting is a form of training.

Good luck..........

Mind the ribs now! Don't be a "tough guy" if you have trouble breathing and it's painful around your ribs when not in practice, you might wanna go get an mri, if it's within your means to do so, better to know if something is up medically, than to not know, do you know?

Back