New Gracie Barra in Poway, CA

GracieMMABarra

Word.
@Silver
Reaction score
Just like to throw out that Gracie Barra has a new school in Poway, Ca. Nelson Monteiro will be the instructor(if you dont know nelson he is a great guy and amazing at BJJ). Had the opening today, about 50+ students and Marcio Feitosa, Nelson Monteiro, Marcelo Pereira, Carlos Gracie Jr., Ricardo Guimaraes, kyra Gracie, Kyron Gracie + more showed up and were teaching some great moves. Check it out if you can.

where in poway? got a web site? number? street address?

poway is north of San diego exit on the 15 Fwy

i know where poway is,,,,,i want to know where the academy is located, what street

its where the old carlo valente school use to be in poway, i just saw it today, big sign, gracie barra jiu jitsu

Asel1 said:
its where the old carlo valente school use to be in poway, i just saw it today, big sign, gracie barra jiu jitsu

Try to find out who is going to run the school if you get the chance.

I wanted to roll out but was out of town. Sounds like it was a good time. Now I may be able to train there on the nights I go south to SD.

thanks for the link, ill go check it out this thursday and let you guys know how it is

eaglewrestler27 said:
What's the difference between this Gracie Barra School and Marcelo Perira's?

I doubt any. Both have trained together for so long. Still going to be a GB affiliate.

eaglewrestler27 said:
What's the difference between this Gracie Barra School and Marcelo Perira's?

This Gracie barra will be run and class will be taught by Nelson Monteiro. Thats the difference.

Hopefully I can make it out to this school soon. I can't this thursday but I may start getting into the habit of making a thursday night trip to this school as I commute past it weekly.

Alright then Nelson Monteiro vs Marcelo Perira whats the difference there?
(I only ask becasue I live in San Diego and am Currently training MT, but plan to persue BJJ soon, since my background is wrestling. (but as for now I think I'm gonna go with Dean Lister.)

SO Back to the topic Nelson Monteiro vs Marcelo Perira!

Nelson is Marcelos teacher. Tak a class at both of the schools as well as Listers and decide for yourself where you want to be.

Back