New GP videos- Tyson tribute

Tyson uppercuts are so savage. You can see how much anger he throws them with.

In part 1 from 1.17-1.20 is really cool because it shows the transition from gym to ring perfectly. (If anyone has the time could they put that in a gif for me please?).
I watched ESPN 30 for 30 'One night in Vegas' and I think they focused on Tupac too much because Tyson was almost an excuse to get a Tupac documentary onto a sports channel. This is much better.

Yes! Thanks for posting this.

Actually, this vid is not new. This was GP's old Tyson tribute that got taken down with the rest of his videos. I guess he opened up a new account and is in the process of putting them back up. Definitely one of the best boxing highlights on youtube.

Did you notice how often tyson fought southpaw? I know he was a natural southy but he fought orthodox. However in the midst of a barrage he often switched his feet and fought like he was fight southpaw.

Did you notice how often tyson fought southpaw? I know he was a natural southy but he fought orthodox. However in the midst of a barrage he often switched his feet and fought like he was fight southpaw.

Yeah he did that alot. Especially when he delivered his right hook to the body and right uppercut to the head combo.

He'd start off in an orthodox stance, throw a jab, then he'd throw right hook to the body, and finally he'd switch stances while throwing a right uppercut to the head.

I think that, by switching to southpaw, Mike felt like he could deliver the right uppercut with more ease.

Watch him do it in slow motion against Lorenzo Boyd (starting at 3:55):

Back