New GI

Weonlywonsixtwo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I bought some Judo GI for like 55 dollars from some fake chinese store, its a Ronin Brand. Whatever that is. Its pretty durable, now this is my first real gi, after my shitty free one ripped down the middle from a hip throw. Its a nice blue GI, on the label it says wash before use, should I? But the problem is I have class tommorow, and It might now dry. Also I wanna put some soft patches on it any links?

If you dont was it, it might bleed onto other peoples gi. I would wash and dry it just then once. from here on out buy a second gi and hang dry alternate them. If you train as much as i do i dont have time to let one hang dry before my next class.

Machine drying them all the time tears them up.. i did it to my keiko racca and its seen better days.. i now only hang dry mine.

The usual rule of thumb with any kimono is to wash thm first.

KRUG-001-JEANS_600.jpg

to was them

there is preservative in the gi that you must wash to remove.

I soaked my blue gi in vinegar when i got it, can't remember why though.

Cojofl said:
I soaked my blue gi in vinegar when i got it, can't remember why though.

Helps keep the dye from bleeding and liek someone said earlier, bleed onto someone else's gi during sparring.

I used my gi after buying it because I already had to train. Didn't really have any bad effects. I think they ask you to wash it because the Gi shrinks or something. My Gi's brand is FATAL Fightwear, quite good, a local brand but made in Pakistan. Though it's more expensive than what you bought, around 80 dollars if converted to US Dollars, but good quality material.

Back