New Episode of "Unleashed" Panel Discussion is up (Post-UFC 245 Edition)

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Ant, Ben and I rocked the three-man panel as we dug into last weekend's title-packed UFC 245, the insanity of Quintet Ultra, and looked forward to the Bellator Hawaii doubleheader and UFC Busan. We would have had a fourth on the show, but we lost a few guests due to illness and a few others due to scheduling issues. It's too bad, I was gigantic on the broadcast, because the software does not handle three-person teams well.

Timestamps:
0:00 Welcome
----- SWING OR MISS -----
1:40 Was ref Marc Goddard's stoppage in the Usman-Covington fight premature?
8:50 How do you feel about the social media pile-on of Covington after the fight?
20:35 What's next for the three champs coming out of UFC 245?
----- I'M NOT SURPRISED, MISTER FALCONS -----
43:14 Of all the things Usman-Covington was expected to deliver, a great fight was not really at the top of the list
45:44 Irene Aldana's eye-popping KO of an undefeated up-and-coming contender
48:54 Tito Ortiz makes a surprise appearance in a surprising section of seats
----- QUINTET ULTRA -----
50:07 What did you take away from the fight week grappling event, which featured fighters representing the UFC, PRIDE, Strikeforce, and the WEC?
----- SPEED BAG -----
57:07 Will Colby Covington's public persona change in the wake of his loss?
58:32 Boxing champ Claressa Shields was in the house at UFC 245 and has been teasing interest in MMA. Is there anything to this?
1:00:19 With his resounding KO of Faber, is Petr Yan now the No. 1 contender at BW?
----- BELLATOR'S HAWAII DOUBLEHEADER -----
1:01:35 What do you think of the cards, and which fights are you most looking forward to?
----- UFC BUSAN -----
1:11:10 How do you feel about Frankie Edgar taking one last fight at FW before dropping to 135, and how do you like the card overall?
----- BURIED TREASURE -----
1:15:30 Mark Coleman was sighted at UFC 245, and it did the heart good
1:19:31 Sean O'Malley donates a significant sum to charity, thanks to his Fortnite acumen
1:21:24 The naming rights of Jackson-Wink MMA are up for sale

Please tell me you’ll keep the tradition going of saying “welcome to Beatdown” whenever TJ talks on air. Then I’m in 4 lyfe.

Just watched the first section on the Usman tko over Covington. Excellent conversation. As Ant said 'both men put on a great performance.' Appreciate that all the topics are on the right side of the screen so I can check them out later.

Back