New EA Sports UFC Hands-On: Created Fighters, Full Fighter Ratings, and More

This part makes me nervous-
"takedowns are easy to stuff. Creating a more realistic need to set up the takedown. Theres no struggle. Only your reflexes in stuffing or if you leave yourself open from a looping hook or shot"

TDD in EA MMA was too easy IMO. I am primarily a striker in all MMA games I've played, so I'd rather not have takedowns be too easy but in EA MMA it was nearly impossible to take down anyone with decent stats and reflexes, especially if they didn't throw any kicks. Not saying the undisputed series necessarily got this part right either, just hoping it's balanced.

It is one of those things we will have to wait for the actual game to know. How do stats impact it? Stamina? Damage?

If those things have an impact then we could be looking at a nice balance.

Seems like most of the ratings are pretty high. I don't understand why a fighter has different ratings in different divisions if it isn't going to be substantial. Like conor is a 90 at fw but 89 at lw, it's not a huge difference

Or like korean zombies stats are almost the exact same but his stand up drops a point at lw, that's all

The GOAT is only a 90?

5095996+_2cf617a38adc4582f1f758122c1eaf68.jpg

Seems like most of the ratings are pretty high. I don't understand why a fighter has different ratings in different divisions if it isn't going to be substantial. Like conor is a 90 at fw but 89 at lw, it's not a huge difference

Or like korean zombies stats are almost the exact same but his stand up drops a point at lw, that's all

The UFC's invovlement in the fighter ratings is responsible for this.

The biggest difference in fighter's will be the gameplan/trait features.

I will admit I am a bit concerned that CAFs can be 100 out of the gate, I hope they just let folks make a 100 overall CAF with that build and that going through career we allocate points based on training etc otherwise that would be pretty boring having a super caf right out of the gate

So they have Anderson at 85 overall in LHW, but Griffin at 88 overall...

I will admit I am a bit concerned that CAFs can be 100 out of the gate, I hope they just let folks make a 100 overall CAF with that build and that going through career we allocate points based on training etc otherwise that would be pretty boring having a super caf right out of the gate

Well it won't matter too much unless you want to play a lot of unranked. CAFs will not be allowed in Ranked Online matches.

Thats; a typo, Andy is 95.

I hope so, 85 is just atrocious considering he'd have the lowest rating amongst the LHWs. Anderson at 93 would be perfect, one point below his ideal weight.

Don't agree with Gustafsson at 92, he should at least be 94. He gave the champ all that he could take and push him unto another level.

Regarding CAF. Has anyone heard if we can select Body Types? Or will everyone have the same bodytype?

I hope so, 85 is just atrocious considering he'd have the lowest rating amongst the LHWs. Anderson at 93 would be perfect, one point below his ideal weight.

Don't agree with Gustafsson at 92, he should at least be 94. He gave the champ all that he could take and push him unto another level.

It is. Anderson has been confirmed as 94 overall.

Only thing that worries me is blocking sub attempts. Apparently you hit R1 and Up on the right stick? What is the normal transition block input? Isn't it just Up on the right stick?

And if that's the case, that would mean a different input is required to deny sub attempts from any other transition. So how are we to be alerted differently that they are attempting a sub and not a transition? I'm sure the controller rumbles to alert you like EA MMA, but are we just relying on the visual que? Cuz if so, that worries me. In the Rousey-Tate gameplay video, it's a very quick and subtle arm grab that initiates the sub. How are we supposed to react to that different than a basic grapple block?

Unless all grapple blocks are R1 and up, then ok.

What's Anderson's striking stat. Is it higher than Ronda's?

What's Anderson's striking stat. Is it higher than Ronda's?

Yes, Anderson's is 96 and Ronda's is 93.

Only thing that worries me is blocking sub attempts. Apparently you hit R1 and Up on the right stick? What is the normal transition block input? Isn't it just Up on the right stick?

And if that's the case, that would mean a different input is required to deny sub attempts from any other transition. So how are we to be alerted differently that they are attempting a sub and not a transition? I'm sure the controller rumbles to alert you like EA MMA, but are we just relying on the visual que? Cuz if so, that worries me. In the Rousey-Tate gameplay video, it's a very quick and subtle arm grab that initiates the sub. How are we supposed to react to that different than a basic grapple block?

Unless all grapple blocks are R1 and up, then ok.

This is a great point. Something we won't really get to test until we have the demo.

anyone know if there's been any video or pics of the game on a ps3 or 360? I wonder if the difference will be as apparent as NBA2K14?

Is there a release date for the demo?

anyone know if there's been any video or pics of the game on a ps3 or 360? I wonder if the difference will be as apparent as NBA2K14?

There is no PS3/360 version, mate.

um you do know this is only coming on ps4 and x1 wont be coming out for the ps3 or 360 so u will have to upgrade if u want to play this

Back