New Diet Plan (Bulking) - Please Review

• Thread starter Deleted member 87037
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 87037

I'm on a meal/workout plan for strength + mass. I'm bulking for the next 4 months I'm off school. I'm doing the Rippetoe SS weights program. For my diet, I've been following this for the past few days. I'm eating approx. 4000 calories/day.

Any advice on what to change/where to improve/what to remove would be appreciated. Thanks!

*Diet structure follows John Berardi's Massive Eating. Alternating meals (Protein + Carbs w/ minimal fat <5g) and (Protein + Fats w/ minimal carbs <10g). - Mind you, I often go over a few grams of fat in the P+C meals.

7 days/week:

----

WAKE UP (~12:00pm)

Multivitamin: GNC MegaMan
Greens Supplement: Greens+ (2sp/day)

Meal 1 (Protein + Fats) ~12:00pm - Breakfast
- 2tsp (3000mg) of 'Ascenta' Fish Oil
- 1/2tsp (1.5g) Creatine Monohydrate
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 scoop of ON 100% Whey Gold Standard, 1 scoop of Muscle Milk mixed with:
- 2+ cups spinach
- Flax seed
- 1/2 banana or ~1/3 cup blueberries
- Handful of almonds
- 1&1/2 cup skim milk

Meal 2 (Protein + Carbs) ~3:00pm - Lunch
- Greens: lettuce, celery, carrots, etc. + 1 piece of fruit
Alternates, either:
- French toast: 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites w/ 3 pieces WW bread (PAM used to coat pan)
OR
- 1 chicken breast w/ 1 WW pita + 1/3rd cup Muesli
OR
- Tuna or chicken breast or lean pork on 1-2 slices of WW bread + 2/3rds cup Muesli

SAT/MON/WED: WEIGHTS 4:30-6:00pm (Rippetoe SS)
TUES/THURS/FRI: Muay Thai 4:30-6-00pm

Meal 3 (Protein + Carbs) ~6:00pm - [PWO on Sat/Mon/Wed; PreWO on Tues/Thurs/Fri]
- 1 scoop of ON 100% Whey Gold Standard, 1 scoop of Muscle Milk mixed with:
- 2+ cups spinach
- 1/2 banana or ~1/3 cup blueberries
- 1&1/2 cup skim milk

- 2/3 cup Muesli

Meal 4 (Protein + Carbs) ~9:00pm - Dinner
- Greens: lettuce, broccoli, etc. + 1 piece of fruit
- WW pita/wrap/or bread + either turkey sausage/ground turkey/chicken breast/pork/ground beef

Meal 5 (Protein + Fats) ~12:00am - Before Bed
- 2tsp (3000mg) of 'Ascenta' Fish Oil
- Handful of cashews or almonds
- 1 stick of celery w/ 2tbsp 'Adams' organic peanut butter
- 2 scoops of Muscle Milk mixed in 12oz of skim milk

GO TO BED (~2:00am)

***Drink 4-5L of water/day***

I fail terribly at gaining weight, so I shouldn't be giving advice, but if you tolerate carbs well, you could add more carbs. Also not enough fat for my taste.

I'm on a meal/workout plan for strength + mass. I'm bulking for the next 4 months I'm off school. I'm doing the Rippetoe SS weights program. For my diet, I've been following this for the past few days. I'd say I'm eating around 3000 calories/day (and will gradually go up to 4000 in accordance with John Berardi's Massive Eating: Reloaded).

Any advice on what to change/where to improve/what to remove would be appreciated. Thanks!

As of now I feel I'm most likely doing a few things wrong (my timing for whey protein on days I don't do weights, not enough fruits, etc.) and could definitely be improving in other areas..so please advise.

*Diet structure follows John Berardi's Massive Eating. Alternating meals (Protein + Carbs w/ minimal fat <5g) and (Protein + Fats w/ minimal carbs <10g).

7 days/week:

----

WAKE UP (~12:00pm)

Multivitamin: GNC MegaMan

Meal 1 (Protein + Fats) ~12:00pm - Breakfast
- 1tsp (1500mg) of Ascenta Fish Oil
- 1 scoop of ON 100% Whey Gold Standard mixed with:
- 2+ cups spinach
- Flax seed
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of almonds
- 1tbsp 'Adams' organic peanut butter
- 9oz skim milk

Meal 2 (Protein + Carbs) ~3:00pm - Lunch
- Greens: lettuce, broccoli, etc. + 1 piece of fruit +
Alternates, either:
- French toast: 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites w/ 3-4 pieces WW bread (PAM used to coat pan)
OR
- 1 chicken breast w/ 1 WW pita + 1/3rd cup Muesli
OR
- Tuna or chicken breast or lean pork on 1-2 slices of WW bread + 2/3rds cup Muesli

SAT/MON/WED: WEIGHTS 4:30-6:00pm (Rippetoe SS)

Meal 3 (Protein + Fats) ~6:00pm - [PWO on Sat/Mon/Wed; PreWO on Tues/Thurs/Fri]
- 1 scoop of ON 100% Whey Gold Standard mixed with:
- 2+ cups spinach
- Flax seed
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of almonds
- 1tbsp 'Adams' organic peanut butter
- 9oz skim milk

TUES/THURS/FRI: Karate 6:30-9:00pm

Meal 4 (Protein + Carbs) ~9:00pm - Dinner
- Greens: lettuce, broccoli, etc. +
- WW pita/wrap/or bread + either turkey sausage/ground turkey/chicken breast

Meal 5 (Protein + Fats) ~12:00am - Before Bed
- Handful of cashews
- 1 stick of celery w/ 2tbsp 'Adams' organic peanut butter
- 2 scoops of Muscle Milk mixed in 12oz of skim milk

GO TO BED (~2:00am)

***Drink 4L+ of water/day***

first of all whats your height and weight and what is your end goal?

Unless you are looking to gain fat, take out the fat in the PWO shakes. Fat is circulating at that time, being mobilized ot be removed, adding it in, creates a traffic jam and in the end a possibility of adipose tissue.

Unless you are looking to gain fat, take out the fat in the PWO shakes. Fat is circulating at that time, being mobilized ot be removed, adding it in, creates a traffic jam and in the end a possibility of adipose tissue.

Ah, wow! Thanks very much! Did not know that at all! I'll replace the fats with carbs, then!

MMAFan: I'm 6'2" and 177lbs. I want to gain [a lot] of muscle.

It looks very complete. You could even add an additional protein shake in their as another meal. I know it sounds crazy to eat 7 or 8 meals a day, but they are not traditional sitdown dinners. You are constantly feeding your ****bolic rate and it will give you more energy and make you healthier in the long run.

Ah, wow! Thanks very much! Did not know that at all! I'll replace the fats with carbs, then!

MMAFan: I'm 6'2" and 177lbs. I want to gain [a lot] of muscle.

Man that 12:00pm wake up time is nice.

It looks very complete. You could even add an additional protein shake in their as another meal. I know it sounds crazy to eat 7 or 8 meals a day, but they are not traditional sitdown dinners. You are constantly feeding your ****bolic rate and it will give you more energy and make you healthier in the long run.

What would be a good breakfast for someone who wakes up very early and is on the run all morning? I eat alot during the day, but I always find myself missing breakfast do to time constraints.

Yeh? Whey or casein? If casein (Muscle Milk), could I just do 1 scoop opposed to 2 for that extra shake (stuff is damned expensive!)

What would be a good breakfast for someone who wakes up very early and is on the run all morning? I eat alot during the day, but I always find myself missing breakfast do to time constraints.

Check out my revised 'Meal 3' - I think that would be good. Carbs for energy + essential protein/veggies* Also, never skip breakfast, screws up your ****bolism + other negatives I believe.

*The 2 cups of spinach actually adds flavor IMO. I HATE spinach, but when mixed into protein shakes it tastes awesome to me! Haha.

Cool. I'll throw in two each morning. Thanks.

If you're trying to bulk I'd throw in 4/day at least. I am cutting weight (successfully) and eating 4 eggs every chance I have for a sit-down breakfast. Also, unless you're opposed to eating cows, have some steak, man.

If you're trying to bulk I'd throw in 4/day at least. I am cutting weight (successfully) and eating 4 eggs every chance I have for a sit-down breakfast. Also, unless you're opposed to eating cows, have some steak, man.

Alright, I'll up the number once I give my ****bolism a chance to adjust to the calorie overload. Steak I eat whenever my mom makes it (I'm 18) - so approx. 1/11 days or so.

Alright, I'll up the number once I give my ****bolism a chance to adjust to the calorie overload. Steak I eat whenever my mom makes it (I'm 18) - so approx. 1/11 days or so.

Off topic: why is m-e-t-a always covered by *s?

Dont spell the M-word, crazy man!
You might get teh ban.

Hmm, I just read that casein protein is good to be taken first thing in the morning. Right now I take whey in the morning. Should I switch from ON Whey Protein to ON Casein Protein for my mornings?

ALSO..

Would it be better to take 2 scoops (46g of protein) of ON 100% Casein Protein before bed, or should I stick with 2 scoops (32g of protein) of Muscle Milk before bed? They're the same price, pretty much. Muscle Milk also has 16g of carbs (and when I drink it I have my Protein+Fats meal) and Berardi says you should have less than 10g of carbs during those meals..so would it be beneficial to replace MM with ON Casein? I'm on the fence here because I always here people ranting about how good MM is.

Please advise!

Back