Media New Conor McGregor Interview About The Khabib Fight + Explains How He Broke His Foot (mega cliffs)

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
That is a terrible strategy. KHabib has great technique and has built wrestling stamina his entire life. If Conor tried to resist and muscle his way out of things Conor would gas REALLY badly way before Khabib.
I mean resist with technique, which he did, because Khabib had to secure him before initiating the smeshing, and Khabib struggled to secure Fresh Conor McGregor.

Conor had a good strategy. If he fought Khabib the same way he fought Chad Mendes (who didn't even have enough time to train for a bigger guy), then he would have gotten truly smeshed.

What do people expect? Conor to come out and be like "lol I suck"..
Not talking endless cash shit that he can't back up might be a start

Mr Fake Humble doesn't have that self awareness though

Cliffs for the folks who can't listen:

- Got off the ground after fight and said to himself "now I'm back in the mix"
- Says Khabib's brother being right next to him on the cage was a Christmas present
- Entire focus of training camp was defense with back against fence / on the mat
- Became too defensive
- Irritates him to this day (gameplan)
- External sources were telling him that he can't wrestle with Khabib
- Has been mauling his training partners lately

Full interview cliffs below

I can't wait for the return of the Notorious One.

conor-mcgregor-gif-4.gif

- Broken foot came from throwing a front kick 2.5 weeks before Khabib fight. Wrestler shot in on him, and his toes bent backwards and got stuck in position from the force of the kick and the shot.

Full interview cliffs:

- Conor says he starts every single day with a song and a dance
- Says you need to be ALL the way into the game (new concept he's following)
- Had some deep dips post 2 belts
- Has gotten too riled up in trash talking
- UFC 189 is still the greatest moment in his career personally
- Broke foot 2.5 weeks before Khabib fight
- Says the logical thing to do was to pull out and rebook for a later date
- War is not over
- Says if the fight never happens again, it's all on Khabib's side and they're running
- Couldn't full prepare for fight because of the broken foot (no road work)
- Weight was too high before fight
- Didn't sleep for 48 hours before weigh in because of the intensity of the cut
- Also says these are bull shit excuses and he didn't give a fuck, which is why he still fought hands down
- Lucky with overhand but didn't drop him

- They need to give them his terms in order for him to fight
- $85,000,000 for Floyd fight give or take
- Loves external doubt
- Would love to box again
- Only prepared for Floyd's typical defensive style
- Said "this is easy" after round 1 of Floyd fight
- Forced Floyd to fight with Mexican style
- Still thinks the stoppage was early
- Wants to rematch Floyd in boxing
- Says he "knows" he would beat Floyd in rematch
- Had dip before Floyd fight in motivation
- Short camp for Floyd
- His half commitment is disrespectful to those who believe in him
- Still calls Khabib and his team are rats
- Gives respect to Khabib for victory but wants a 2nd go
- Slipped Khabib's brother right hand and landed a clean left hand
- Calls the post fight brawl the "real fight" and the fight "I won"
- Has done lots of charity stuff lately (hospitals and homeless)

The end

i was thinking this over and thought it might be helpful to post some cliffs of your cliffs -

- conor lost to nate, floyd and khabib, is rethinking his entire life while many other fighters remain undefeated
- was never special in the first place, just had a good run
- has no real confidence and has cultivated the ability to lie to himself for a very long time, this is the only way he can cope with life
- tony robbins wants to slurp every single last bit of flavour right off conors asshole
- he has nothing at all to say about fatherhood or his woman

What a piece of garbage. All excuses, no credit, no self-responsibility, throws his team and trainers under the bus. Glad the division is moving on while this 1-1 at LW whines. Milk that lone fucking Alvarez win until the end of time you fake.

Only thing worse are the scumbags who emulate and defend this spoiled, corrupt, rapist trash.

That's because if Conor was aggressive he would have been taken down much easier. At least this way he survived a few rounds

Yep I fully agree but thats the point. Whether its trying to survive (like he tried to) whether its trying to win even if his chances were slim at best. I would have prefered him to gamble a little bit more thats all

Yeah?

- he came out walking straight forward Khabib with his hands down.

- his first two attacks was a rear straight punch, and a rear head kick..

- his "defense" against Khabib shooting was knee ffs...

So where was it that he was too defensive? He even got dropped by a sloppy overhand from Khabib..

<{hughesimpress}>

The guy himself said he was too much in a defensive mindset.
That being said maybe it was not possible to do more with the animal he had to face.
I have only watched this fight once or twice at the time it took place and the memory i have from it is that he did not carry himself as he did in his other fights.

Floyd stoppage arguably early.

Fight training results in accidents so part of the game just like weigh cutting.

I would welcome a rematch.

Imagine joining sherdog and posting 4k times in a year, mostly about 1 fighter. Fucking homo
<{1-17}>

The guy himself said he was too much in a defensive mindset.
That being said maybe it was not possible to do more with the animal he had to face.
I have only watched this fight once or twice at the time it took place and the memory i have from it is that he did not carry himself as he did in his other fights.

He tried. But it failed.

Still think the ufc 205 conor could have beat khabib, but those days are long gone.

Thanks for the Cliffs Tomas, but that entire list is basically pure cope. Conor needs to shut up, fight someone in top 10, get a win before he even deserves a rematch.

When Conor beat Eddie like he did I saw him as a god. I didn’t care about the Mayweather fight since that outcome was inevitable.

I was worried for Khabib going into their fight but still expected him to win. Conor got humiliated that fight though. I don’t think many can ever see him the same way ever again, and it probably bothers him. Seeing him spout this nonsense and his whiskey shit reminds me of Paulie whining after his sparring session with Mcgregor.

This is 100%

No matter how much money Conor has, he will never have that God like status again

Mayweather
Le Bron
Roger Federer
Usain Bolt
Messi
Ronaldo

The above are guys that are going down as sporting legends for their achievements in the Sport

Conor after beating Aldo and Eddie believed he was going to be mma's Muhammad Ali.

I do think his pride is dented massively and all the millions can't repair that.

Must be hard to go from arguably the most exciting fighter in mma history to a walking meme.

Conor is a legendary entertainer and will go down as the biggest star in mma history. Nobody can dispute that. However, he will never go down as a True sporting great, as many in his own sport have achieved more.

That strategy is the only thing that save Conor. If he had gone on the offensive, khabib would have made him look like barboza. If they ever fight again and Conor tries to employ an aggressive grappling approach, he will get smoked

Agressive grappling i dont know. Agressive
I get what you're saying, but ANY FIGHTER could point out what they did wrong in a fight...but does that mean they deserve rematches ...NO...what makes him so special in that regard?...Win a fight...THEN get a rematch...make the adjustments and prove your point ...the time for talk is done

He does certainly not deserve a rematch right now thats for sure

If he was fighting too defensively he needs to rethink what defense is. He wasn't sefensive in standup at all really and on the mat he was only defensive because he had no choice. There aren't any offensive moves from being under khabib. No one has been offensive from that position. It's not like he was going to throw up a triangle or armbar and catch khabib. Khabib has great sub defense and never puts himself in a position that he will lose his control or fall into a sub. He was sure jumping all over the place in open workouts and throwing all kinds of kicks from both side. As well as stomping his feet down. I wouldn't think if it was a injury as bad as he claims that he would be doing all that and risking reinjuting it for an open workout. Most fighters pretty much take it easy and do very little in them. He complains about the weight cut when he used to cut to 145 and look like a skeleton with skin... I dont get it. No way cutting to 155 would be worse as he hasn't gotten way bigger since going up to 155. He just doesn't have to cut as much. I like conor, but these excuses are bullshit. All fighters have minor injuries before fights and fight thru. If it was so bad he just wouldn't have fought at that time. No one held a gun to his head. I like the warrior spirit and all but if it's something that is going to make u lose even more cardio when ur cardio is already ur Achilles heal is just dumb. It's odd there are no pics or and tweets from his camp ever about it until now. Everyone there would have seen his toes stuck at a 45 ° angle and you would think someone would have backed up the story.

Back