New Breed of UFC Fighters? 2020 Kids MMA Nationals + Team USA Selection (UFC Sponsored) Worlds, Rome

Should kids start this young?

• Total voters
irresponsible dad is the future Bucky Barber/Mark Northcutt.

So are these kids going to be the next UFC Fighters? Rhonin went last year after he won nationals earning him a spot on the team. It was incredible. So many professional fighters from all over the world (UFC, ONE ect) where there coaching their kids. So many amazing kids.

BJJ was the key. It really showed how important BJJ is to MMA.

I just wonder if these kids are the next thing or if they started too young (arron pico)

Too young to be taking hits like that man. Jesus christ. But to each their own.

Too young for full mma. BJJ, wrestling, graooking fine. But kids absorbing punches and kicks is dumb. We know about cte. We know about the body's breaking down...its like tackle football for grade school. Texas tykes or whatever. Just because tiger played golf as a little kid and reaped the rewards doesnt mean it transcends to all sports. Might as well strap them in a nascar too..

Too young for full mma. BJJ, wrestling, graooking fine. But kids absorbing punches and kicks is dumb. We know about cte. We know about the body's breaking down...its like tackle football for grade school. Texas tykes or whatever. Just because tiger played golf as a little kid and reaped the rewards doesnt mean it transcends to all sports. Might as well strap them in a nascar too..

keep are kids out of harms way... that is the mentality that makes our kids so weak nowadays. I’ve seen hundreds of these matches... they are safer than most extreme sports.

This is an MMA forum... why are you all so soft. Greco and boxing are ten times worse than this.

keep are kids out of harms way... that is the mentality that makes our kids so weak nowadays. I’ve seen hundreds of these matches... they are safer than most extreme sports.

This is an MMA forum... why are you all so soft. Greco and boxing are ten times worse than this.
I agree boxing is bad, probably wrestling as well. I just think when your body is changing so much as a kid, things like repeated blows to the head, etc are not possibly a good thing. Keeping kids safe from injuries that last a lifetime does not make them weak. I'd a 10 year old kid, gets koed severalntimes how does that make him not weak? In time it will actually make him more weak. The brain is a delicate thing. We have seen the effects concusions and blows to the head have on people. Back when it was all good, makes them stronger etc...we didnt know shit.

I agree boxing is bad, probably wrestling as well. I just think when your body is changing so much as a kid, things like repeated blows to the head, etc are not possibly a good thing. Keeping kids safe from injuries that last a lifetime does not make them weak. I'd a 10 year old kid, gets koed severalntimes how does that make him not weak? In time it will actually make him more weak. The brain is a delicate thing. We have seen the effects concusions and blows to the head have on people. Back when it was all good, makes them stronger etc...we didnt know shit.

Yes I agree with all. He only spars once a month. His mma fights are no headshots.

Yes I agree with all. He only spars once a month. His mma fights are no headshots.

And that is absolutely legit. I grew up with karate and we sparred twice a week, no headshots. THAT toughens you up and builds a solid mentality. So long as we're keeping head trauma to a minimum, and with kids damn near every MMA gym does, it's all good in my eyes. Head trauma in developing brains stunts their development and prevents them from reaching their full potential, but you have to balance the need to prevent that with teaching them how to defend and stand up for themselves. It's a delicate tight rope to walk but I'm doing it with my kids right now, so it can be done.

But holy hell, do I hate those douche bag Affliction dads!

The Olympic and Dagastanian level wrestler and K-1 level striking are the "New Bread!" not Barbra's f-ing 12 year old!

And that is absolutely legit. I grew up with karate and we sparred twice a week, no headshots. THAT toughens you up and builds a solid mentality. So long as we're keeping head trauma to a minimum, and with kids damn near every MMA gym does, it's all good in my eyes. Head trauma in developing brains stunts their development and prevents them from reaching their full potential, but you have to balance the need to prevent that with teaching them how to defend and stand up for themselves. It's a delicate tight rope to walk but I'm doing it with my kids right now, so it can be done.

But holy hell, do I hate those douche bag Affliction dads!

Ya they aren’t around the east coast much. This is all kinda new to us. My kid and two others are the only East Coast kids. California/Hawaii have all the champs

Back