New Book by Rickson

MrBen

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Sounds awesome..really hope they translate it to english

I thought he lost a sambo match? Wasn't it to some guy named Tripp?

Not did the commercial scare and confuse me, I'm not interested in a book that can and will arm-bar me

I asked my friend in Tokyo for a translation. He knows nothing of BJJ. Here is his reply:

"Yeah, it's an add for a book: Japanese title "Muhai no Ho-soku" or "The Principle of Invicibility." I cut and pasted the text, think I could send you a a translation, but it's very long. It looks to me like it might be a self-help book, rather than one dealing with BJJ techniques. The woman at the beginning of the add is saying that she wants to become spiritually stronger. Then's there's a bit about how Rickson (whom they call "Hickson" is a legendary fighetr unbeaten in 400 matches, etc.

The Amazon link imbedded in the video's write-up gives a summary of Gracie's career. There follows a long list of Rickson's personal axioms, beginning with "The important thing is not winning, but rather never losing.""

The japanese really know how to do promo videos. They can hype anything… or maybe it's just because we don't understand anything?

First law of being unbeaten: Pretend your losses didn't happen.

Why would I listen to Rickson when Gokor's record of 405-0 clearly shows he has superior life advice

he didnt know the rules so that doesnt count

Yeah, despite having competed in multiple Sambo tournaments and corss-training in Sambo with Rolls he didn't know you could lose by a strong throw. So it doesn't count!

. . .

Yeah.

The first part is funny, and, weird. The girl says, "I want to become strong, even just a bit. Give me strength of the spirit please." Then it comes in about how the man who has won 400 fights without a loss is revealing the truth of himself for the first time. Sorry, can't do the rest. Once I hear that 400 number, my brain shuts down.

I have no idea why the salaryman turns into Rickson, but it's weird.

Back