New betting line for 4th Nov. Jones vs Gustafsson.

I'd say Jones -275 to -325 or something. Even then, I'd put money down on him, as he just doesn't lose. I'd gladly lose a shit load to see him grab his purple pillow, and if he wins, I'm rich bitch. I think we all love this sport to see a-holes get humbled like Gallagher did last night.

Would be tight if it were three rounds, as I can really see Gus taking that. Jones is the last super dominant champ that has to lose in the cage.

Doesn't Gus currently have a serious injury and Jones has not been tested since something like last November?

It's crazy to think that even though Jones got USADA'd 2 times since 2016., they still fought the same amounts of time. Gus is criminally inactive.

Both Gus and jones has improved a lot since they fought but i think Gus improved a bit more so I go with Gus.
Really?
I mean, sure Jones had a lackluster performance against OSP, but after seeing him knock out DC, I feel he has the edge.

Gus' performance since then have been a bit back and forth in my opinion.
* Great wins versus Manuwa and Glover, but a terrible loss to Rumble.
* Showed a surprisingly shaky standup against Blahowitz. It was scary to see Gus not being able to handle Jan's stand up and being completely off with his timing (but at the same time - Gus did show that he could adjust, and win a fight by wrestling if he has an off night with is standup. So overall I think it was a decent performance)
* Great fight with DC, second toughest fight of DC's career.
But it was a bit alarming to see how Gus was never able to get out of DC's clinch, he just stood there and ate uppercuts.
I was also disappointed that Gus faded in the final round. I just think he ran around the octagon too much and wasted his cardio. (I really dislike his new style which involves literally running circles to reset every time he gets pressured back to the cage)
Being able to win the 5th round is something he would need to do if he wants to beat Jon Jones.

Also, I'm still missing some kind of major development in Gus' skill set.
We haven't really seen him gain any new offensive or defensive weapons since the Jones fight.
OK - he has improved his wrestling a bit.
And he's shown that his trusty old knees and uppercuts are a force to be reckoned with. But other than that?
For example - he still has no kicks to speak of.

Last edited:
Not really like Jones can reshape his image, he might as well come in his next fight juiced to the gills
If he's able to fight in the near future, then he might as well, because that will mean he can get away with juicing whenever he wants.

It's hard to believe some of these posts.Jones was a decent size favorite in 1st fight (and won a very very close fight) so he'll be favored again.....just not as heavy.I mean, clean or not- the guy is still undefeated (minus dq)

Gus is the most overrated fighter I've ever seen, gets talked about like he's a world beater but has lost every time he's given a chance to shine
When you fight Jon Jones and DC, it's not like you're expected to win.
They are the GOATs of the division, and both of them stated Gus gave them the toughest fights of their lives and no one else had come close to doing as well as Gus did. (Excluding Jones vs DC of course)
Losing to those guys by close decision is a plus, not a minus, given how they've killed everyone else.

I wouldn't say Gus is a world beater though, I agree that's overrating him.
And yeah, he did have a terrible fight with Rumble.

But I think he's quite rightfully remained the no1 contender at LHW for a long time - since he hold wins over the current #4 and #5. And after knocking out Glover, who was right behind him at the time, he cemented his position. (Yeah, LHW is a weak division, but still)

Last edited:
No way they put a 0-0 fighter against 18-4 fighter. Gus is much more experienced. I doubt Jones even lands a punch on Gus. They shouldn't license this fight
At least when they put CM Punk in there he was going against someone close in pro fight experience. If McGregor got licenced to fight Mayweather anything can happen I guess.

This thread is confusing...

Or from 2013.

ive given up even commenting on Jones threads.

if people seriously believe he is only going to get a 1 year suspension from USADA then I just leave them to waste their time and effort making posts in these threads..

Something happen with Jones hearing that I missed ?

Your quote and then his reply makes it seem like I think Jones is coming back in November, which couldn’t be possibly farther from my opinion. I was hoping the guy you quoted was going to tell me why Jones has only been tested once the entire year, which was only last week to boot.

Back