AEW Fight Forever

Yep. Same guy who made the Def Jam games as well. Sounds like it's gonna be a bit more arcadey instead of straight simulation like the 2K games are. That would also explain the graphics.
The first Def Jam was bland, but decent. The third one was a pile of shit.

But the second one was SO good, one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time, it's a shame there hasn't been a game to pick up on this formula since. The 4 way matches were so wild, yet took a bit of skill too.

The first Def Jam was bland, but decent. The third one was a pile of shit.

But the second one was SO good, one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time, it's a shame there hasn't been a game to pick up on this formula since. The 4 way matches were so wild, yet took a bit of skill too.
I actually didn't even know there was a third one lol just looked it up and he only made Vendetta and Fight For NY

I can't remember the asshe they put in charge for the third one, but it was the same guy that screwed up Fight Night Round 3. He had a hard on for gimmicks that twirled the analog sticks, killed both games with that garbage.

3rd Def Jam doesn't count.It's trash. First 2 Def Jam games are amazing. As are WCW World Tour, Revenge/WWF No Mercy, 2000. I still play them to this day and they're fucking great.

I hate the art style for this but if it plays well I don't give a shit. If it's a fun wrestling game it could look like shit. I've been waiting like 15 years for a fun, non-fire pro wrestling series.

This is going to have the worst roster of any wrestling game ever lol.

I don't get the want for an AKI styled game.. I wish somebody would just re do the meta for wrestling games. The current 2k ones are terrible and boring, stuck trying to simulate a fake sport.

Fire Pro is decent and at least different than the others, but a developer needs to take them in a completely different direction. No more grapple, then choose what move you are going to do until you can do your finisher.

Fire Pro Wrestling sucks imo. I really want to like it, but the controls are terrible. It's cool if you like playing paper dolls I guess.

3rd Def Jam doesn't count.It's trash. First 2 Def Jam games are amazing. As are WCW World Tour, Revenge/WWF No Mercy, 2000. I still play them to this day and they're fucking great.

I hate the art style for this but if it plays well I don't give a shit. If it's a fun wrestling game it could look like shit. I've been waiting like 15 years for a fun, non-fire pro wrestling series.
There is an indie developer releasing a game called Retro Mania. It's basically a clone of the old arcade game WWE Wrestlefest.

Fire Pro Wrestling sucks imo. I really want to like it, but the controls are terrible. It's cool if you like playing paper dolls I guess.
Fire Pro is all about the AI and customization. It's not about winning, the gameplay is all simple timing, it's about putting on good matches and more importantly creating wrestlers who can do that without any need to control them.

The graphics are a pro and a con, obviously they do have the paper doll thing going on, but the simplicity means it's a lot easier to have a universal uniformity in quality

I remember playing the demo to the 3rd Def Jam game and thinking, "WTF is this shit?!" I'm glad that I still own the first two.

Fire Pro is all about the AI and customization. It's not about winning, the gameplay is all simple timing, it's about putting on good matches and more importantly creating wrestlers who can do that without any need to control them.

The graphics are a pro and a con, obviously they do have the paper doll thing going on, but the simplicity means it's a lot easier to have a universal uniformity in quality

The timing based gameplay was what attracted me to the series in the first place though I loved the customization and AI like everyone else. Creating your own moves in FPWW is/was a blast.

I love Fire Pro, but yeah. I'm fine with the standing and ground grappling, but the striking just isn't fun at all to me. It requires pixel perfect precision, and if your opponent isn't exactly lined up with one of the few directions you can strike in, you're boned. It almost plays as though it was made as a strict 2D fighter and the extra dimension was an afterthought.
Edit: My experience is mostly with Fire Pro on GBA and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on PS3, in case they've tweaked it since.

There's no price too high for me if WWE somehow allowed these guys to make a game that had every WWE/WCW/ECW wrestler in it ever.

There is an indie developer releasing a game called Retro Mania. It's basically a clone of the old arcade game WWE Wrestlefest.

I love that style of play/look for my warasslin games. The roster is weak, so I hope they have a robust create a character.

It would have probably been better if they made all fictional wrestlers with similar appearances to real ones, using parody names and run wild with it

I love that style of play/look for my warasslin games. The roster is weak, so I hope they have a robust create a character.

It would have probably been better if they made all fictional wrestlers with similar appearances to real ones, using parody names and run wild with it

Good call. That would have gave it a retro feel too.

Some details about game mechanics, the style of the game, the art direction, and how the game came about.

I never liked the Yukes games, only some 2-D games and the Aki 3-D games. I haven't played a 3-D wrestling game that I liked that wasn't made by Aki.

AEW just did an update on the new game

Breakdown:
. No release date yet
. There will be a create a wrestler mode
. There might be online crossplay
. It'll be a mix between the speed of an arcade style wrestling game but in depth submissions and moves like the more stimulation based games.
. The talks of an AEW game with Yukes began before the summer of 2019

So nothing too big announced just a small update.

Seems like wrestling games have gone downhill since Wrestlemania 2000.

Early look at gameplay here. Looks like the old Smackdown games that were developed by Yukes but with way better graphics.

The little bit of gameplay in there looked really rough, but awesome. Tons of potential just from that clip with the apron and rope moves.

Smackdown HTCP level depth with No Mercy gameplay is a fucking dream game. It's crazy these guys like Omega and Khan were fans of the best rasslin' games and are actually in a position to maybe finally make a new one with the original creator. Shouldn't even be happening.

Back