Nevermind V. 10 Which album is better.....

Streeter

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
When you think of "Mainstream" grunge these are the 2 albums that started it all. Yes i know AIC, SoundGarden , etc were also great but IMO these 2 bands and especially these 2 albums brought the sound to the masses.

Personally Iike 10 slightly better.

who you got?

No offense but i think nirvana is one of the most overrated bands of all time. Aic were the first out of Seattle.

Ten is way better.

Early Pearl Jam was some great stuff, still is. I rarely ever listen to Nirvana anymore.

Nirvana has come full circle

Back was I was in middle school/High school it was really popular to like Nirvana

Now if you wear a nirvana tshirt you going to have people laughing at you

No offense but i think nirvana is one of the most overrated bands of all time. Aic were the first out of Seattle.
First out as being the best yes without a doubt or first to release a major record?

Although Nevermind is my least favorite of theirs, I'll take Nirvana every day all day.

AIC was first but those 2 albums started the grunge sound mainstream. I think Nirvana gets alot of slack due to how popular they became post mordem. In their music to be popular with the kiddies is akin to death knell. Nirvana had so e really good music but it's cool to say they suck now ......

Imo tbe best of the Seattle bands was AIC would , excuses, DITH are 3 of my favorite songs. But they started being popular after Nirvana / Pearl Jam

Ten is so overrated, anyone who's heard Apple will know the magic is gone.
Nevermind is way better than Ten imo.

AIC was first but those 2 albums started the grunge sound mainstream.
Again, no they weren't.
Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, Mudhoney, Green River, The Melvins & others (hell, even Nirvana) were all Seattle bands who released music in the "grunge" style before AIC.
If you look outside of Seattle, there's numerous others who were releasing music in that style years before AIC even formed.

Last edited:
Ten is so overrated, anyone who's heard Apple will know the magic is gone.
Nevermind is way better than Ten imo.
Tough to Call any album that sports 3 all time iconic songs that defined an era overated. Ten - Evenflow, Jeremy, Black Nevermind - Teen Spirit , In Bloom, Lithium

It's so hipster these days to hate on Nirvana. Yes, we get it...they weren't the first to do grunge, Cobain was a mediocre guitarists, his lyrics were nonsensical, etc. Doesn't change that they made what was likely the most influential album of their generation.

Again, no they weren't.
Soundgarden, Screaming Trees, Mudhoney, Green River, The Melvins & others (hell, even Nirvana) were all Seattle bands who released music in the "grunge" style before AIC.
If you look outside of Seattle, there's numerous others who were releasing music in that style years before AIC even formed.
Yeah I saw Soundgarden at The Tree Cafe in Portland Maine a couple of years before anyone ever heard of the Seattle grunge scene.

Nirvana has come full circle

Back was I was in middle school/High school it was really popular to like Nirvana

Now if you wear a nirvana tshirt you going to have people laughing at you

I still saw a lot of Nirvana shirts last year in College.

Tough to Call any album that sports 3 all time iconic songs that defined an era overated. Ten - Evenflow, Jeremy, Black Nevermind - Teen Spirit , In Bloom, Lithium

Define an era? Have a word. Have you heard Crown of Thorns?

Well Nevermind isn't nearly as good as In Utero but it's still a lot better and more important than Ten. Ten is just a grunge album that hasn't aged well. Nevermind is an album that captured the zeitgeist of the time - moody, angst ridden teens who romanticized death and guns - and effectively ended the era of radio rock music that was dictated by look instead of music. It's impossibly ubiquitous at this point but "i forget just why i taste / oh yeah i guess it makes me smile / i found it hard its hard to find / oh well whatever, nevermind' sums up a generation, for better or worse.

Back