Never the best, never the worst but an awesome blast from the past

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
i always loved this guy, hope you guys do too

also at 1:25 that has to be added to sherdog's list of most brutal knockouts ever

also want to mention that 1:39 - 1:50 is awesome

Last edited:
I approve this thread, btw the ref at 1:25 must have hated that guy :eek:

I'm pretty sure he was considered the best at one point.

Anyone know who he was fighting at 2:09 ? I want to watch that fight.

One of MMA's original badass! Thanks TS

He actually was considered the best fighter in the world after he beat Mark Kerr. He was ranked number one until he lost to Coleman in the Tournament final, which was kinda bullshit considering Coleman's path through the Tournament was much easier.

The Enson fight was brutal. Can't believe the beating Enson took and that he still wanted to continue after being unable to get up after the first round.

Thought this was gonna be about Tank Abbott.

Igor was the best for a long time.

He actually was considered the best fighter in the world after he beat Mark Kerr. He was ranked number one until he lost to Coleman in the Tournament final, which was kinda bullshit considering Coleman's path through the Tournament was much easier.

yeah i remembering watching HBO's documentary The Smashing Machine with mark kerr as the focus, from my understanding the stoppage was incorrect and should have been a disqualification for Kerr due to illegal knees

Last edited:
Holy crap. I haven't seen much from the MMA old school. That stuff is brutal.

So when he was 41-2 he wasn't considered No 1?
No mark Coleman beat him in the pride finals, lost to a few lower level fighters. When he had that record most fighters on there we're no names!

Vovchanchyn was pure agression, combine it with the lack of rules in MMA at that period of time and you get the recipe for a best show ever.

No mark Coleman beat him in the pride finals, lost to a few lower level fighters. When he had that record most fighters on there we're no names!
Coleman was 11-4 and Igor was 45-2-1 when they fought.
Igor had just had a W over Mark Kerr overturned a few fights prior to that.

Back