Netflix raped Bram Stoker's Dracula

JAEGERX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
and released a new monstruosity that should be hated by all

I thought it was good, I heard a lot of good things about it.

If people are familiar with Dracula's portrayal on film over the decades, it's unlikely anything made now or in the future will compare

It was absolutely pointless to make

The other threads about this say first episodes were good and last two were bad . I’m still gonna watch it . Knowing this place they are probably upset over something stupid like a black actor or a female had a line

The other threads about this say first episodes were good and last two were bad . I’m still gonna watch it . Knowing this place they are probably upset over something stupid like a black actor or a female had a line
First two were very good. Last one sucked.

what is Netflix and who's Bram Stoker ?

Agreed with the general consensus. First 2 episodes were pretty good, but not great. 3rd was so bad it was almost a spoof of itself.

I just finished episode 2 yesterday. It has brilliant, insightful, interesting moments, then horrible WFT were they thinking moments. It ranges from creepy and uncomfortable, to ham fisted and corney ocassionally within the same scene. It's not like how a Tarantino or Scorcese flick can deftly change tones back and forth, this feels clumsy and inconsistent. It's like they can't wait for him to stop being creepy so they can focus on him doing schtick.

First episode was great, second episode so so and the third I don´t think they quite pulled the idea of modern dracula.

But it was a good show

I'm slowly coming to terms that a lot of Netflix original content is really bad.

Back