Movies Netflix movie 'Extraction' spoilers*

JAEGERX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I liked this movie alot but this i my problem with this

there is no way that the guy is still alive, he got shot in the torso and on the neck, he bled like 10 gallons of life juice, he fell to some dirty indian river and shit, and all of the sudden in the ending he is there? what? i mean i can understand they are trying to sell 'Extraction 2 bc this was a fun action movie and that chick was en fuego, but no way bro, bruh, no way

Some people actually believe that the Ganges has healing property, so he may have fallen in the Buriganga and gotten some super powers.
4000.jpg

ca98c900-7f76-4ece-a51b-ed1ba139378f.jpg

During the bridge scene I was thinking about, man, it would be kinda cool to have a sequel with Rake and Saju teaming up, like an Aussie/Bollywood Hobbs and Shaw, and then Saju got sniped in the head...

Some people actually believe that the Ganges has healing property, so he may have fallen in the Buriganga and gotten some super powers.
4000.jpg

ca98c900-7f76-4ece-a51b-ed1ba139378f.jpg

During the bridge scene I was thinking about, man, it would be kinda cool to have a sequel with Rake and Saju teaming up, like an Aussie/Bollywood Hobbs and Shaw, and then Saju got sniped in the head...
Netflix should just retcon it, when the film is played a second time they are just flesh wounds that allows them to make a second.

Netflix should just retcon it, when the film is played a second time they are just flesh wounds that allows them to make a second.
if they can make Tyler alive after getting shot in the torso by a sniper and on the neck with an AK, they can for sure bring the other guy got head shotted, they can be like 'sup i had this metal plate on my head since iraq or someshit

Maybe Saju has a twin brother with the exact same skill set called Apu

It was Pretty Good. The Russo's are good and Hemsworth is a good lead. Standard Violent Army of One Protagonist tropes with good camera work.

It was Pretty Good. The Russo's are good and Hemsworth is a good lead. Standard Violent Army of One Protagonist tropes with good camera work.
yeah this was perfect production imo, its like a summer blockbuster Taken style movie, could have made some dough on the movie threatre if the world was open

Him turning into the Terminator was a little tedious. But I enjoyed it.

I'm a fan of prequels so I know I'd rather see Tyler as "dead" but still throw another film out there.

there is no way that the guy is still alive, he got shot in the torso and on the neck, he bled like 10 gallons of life juice, he fell to some dirty indian river and shit, and all of the sudden in the ending he is there? what? i mean i can understand they are trying to sell 'Extraction 2 bc this was a fun action movie and that chick was en fuego, but no way bro, bruh, no way

I literally took it the exact opposite way.

Whole film is cut with his flashbacks of his dead son.

Then Ovi sees a flash of him as he comes out of the pool, blurry and out of focus.

He's dead, the kid is seeing him as a memory of the departed the way he sees his son on the beach.

Overall it was a solid movie.

It's basically the Raid with a Hemsworth. Good enough for covid monday.

Last edited:
https://collider.com/extraction-ending-explained-netflix-movie/

“We had a version of the movie, and we tested it a lot, and it was not surprising that a lot of people wanted the character to live, and some people wanted him to die. People were torn; it was almost down the middle. We want to appeal to as many people as possible without compromising the integrity of the story. And so, we think a pretty good compromise is to make an ambiguous ending. If people on one hand feel like the story is complete and is a story of redemption through sacrifice, then for them, it’ll be where the kid is imagining [Rake standing there], and then now you go, ‘Yes, I’m satisfied.’ If you feel like you love Tyler Rake, and you love Chris Hemsworth, and you want a sequel, and you’re like ‘There’s no way, you can’t kill him!’ then that’s Tyler Rake standing there looking at you. So we kind of purposefully did not pull focus to the character standing there.”

“In truth, that was a thing of testing. Because we shot multiple endings. We shot a lot of different ways to pull this off. Because in the original script—and this was my idea—Rake does not live. His story was complete because he found something to keep him alive, and his journey was complete when he came to redemption through sacrifice. He made the choice he was okay with. He had come to terms with his past and the choice he made in the present saved this kid, and if that meant him dying, so be it. And that was his journey in my mind.”

So.... he's dead, unless you really want him to be alive. If you hate him being alive, then he's dead. But in the script, he's dead.

https://collider.com/extraction-ending-explained-netflix-movie/

“We had a version of the movie, and we tested it a lot, and it was not surprising that a lot of people wanted the character to live, and some people wanted him to die. People were torn; it was almost down the middle. We want to appeal to as many people as possible without compromising the integrity of the story. And so, we think a pretty good compromise is to make an ambiguous ending. If people on one hand feel like the story is complete and is a story of redemption through sacrifice, then for them, it’ll be where the kid is imagining [Rake standing there], and then now you go, ‘Yes, I’m satisfied.’ If you feel like you love Tyler Rake, and you love Chris Hemsworth, and you want a sequel, and you’re like ‘There’s no way, you can’t kill him!’ then that’s Tyler Rake standing there looking at you. So we kind of purposefully did not pull focus to the character standing there.”

“In truth, that was a thing of testing. Because we shot multiple endings. We shot a lot of different ways to pull this off. Because in the original script—and this was my idea—Rake does not live. His story was complete because he found something to keep him alive, and his journey was complete when he came to redemption through sacrifice. He made the choice he was okay with. He had come to terms with his past and the choice he made in the present saved this kid, and if that meant him dying, so be it. And that was his journey in my mind.”

So.... he's dead, unless you really want him to be alive. If you hate him being alive, then he's dead. But in the script, he's dead.
Until Netflix orders the sequel, lol.

It would be hilarious if they did like in Ragnarok and used his brother Liam for the sequel.

Good movie. That is not the mercenary standing by the pool on the final scene in the movie. I believe it is the kid who shot the mercenary coming to kill the kid. We can't really tell.

Also, what is the deal with having to cross a bridge to get out of the city? FFS, take a small boat and cross the river at night. There is no way Bangladesh has Special Forces operators that are that good. Their military sucks. Also, no way an old broken down Bangladeshi Army Colonel with poor eyesight and a crappy rifle would be able to make those sniper shots.

Any other recent good Netflix movies people can recommend? I watched this today and loved it.

Any other recent good Netflix movies people can recommend? I watched this today and loved it.
Not on Netflix, but on Amazon. "The Last Full Measure", 2019.

A true story and great cast. Airman First Class William H. Pitsenbarger
314px-William_H._Pitsenbarger.jpg

"The true story of William Pitsenbarger, a U.S. Air Force Pararescueman who personally saved over sixty men. During a rescue mission on April 11, 1966, Pitts (as he was called) willingly chose to leave the relative safety of the rescue chopper to aid people on the ground when he saw how bad the situation below was. When others in his team declined to go, he put himself at risk to do more to help his fellow Americans. After saving many already, he was ordered to take the chance to escape on the last helicopter out of a combat zone heavily under fire, but he stayed behind to save and defend the lives of soldiers of the U.S. Army's 1st Infantry Division, before making the ultimate sacrifice in one of the bloodiest battles of the war."

Check out "The Night Comes for Us"

Iko Uwais and Joe Taslim, excellent fight choreography.

If you liked any of the Raid or Wick films, you'll enjoy it.

This was by far one of the best Netflix offerings.

Hemsworth sold the role, solid camera and stunt work.

Good movie.

Check out "The Night Comes for Us"

Iko Uwais and Joe Taslim, excellent fight choreography.
If you liked any of the Raid or Wick films, you'll enjoy it.

The Warrior series are another to check out

Back