Nelson smart fighter - Pokrajac not smart fighter

Godinski

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Since his last fight I have much more respect for Nelson because he is clever guy.

On another hand Pokrajac disappointed me (I'm still his fan) because he could not understand very simple thing - to solve very basic game plan of his opponent.

Nelson shape/look is as we all know very bad. However his conditioning is good, his techniques is solid and the bottom line he has one punch KO power in his right hand.

But what he show us in Mitrione fight is game plan - he simply "hooked" his opponent with his right overhand for 4 minutes and than he landed that uppercut when now-one expected even his opponent. We all got use to the moment that Nelson is knocking the opponents with huge right overhand ...and boom this time he did it with something else.

To be quite honest it's not like Nelson invented "hot water" here but it shows that he is clever for a fighter. Now let's see what Pokrajac didn't understand in his last fight with Joe Beltran.

If you re-watch the fight you will see how Beltran is dominating Pokrajac in clinch on the cage. In the second round Pokrajac started in the middle of the cage and then Beltran is starting to move back and FGS watch how how Pokrajac go stupidly for him attacking and ending up in clinch once again.

So Pokrajac is missing Nelson wisdom.

Not trying to offend anybody.

Porkrajac looked like he underestimated Beltran's strength and just gave up on trying to move away from the cage.

well Igor took the fight on short notice vs Beltran and I think he got stuck for a few days at the airport or something but I gotta agree with you he dissapointed in his last 2 bouts.

You mention him being unable to adapt to Beltran's gameplan, agreed he always found himself stuck in the clinch being dirty boxed but I think you should also mention that he took VINNY down himself and paid for it, and then came back to whine about Vinny wanting to grapple...

He's lucky he got the nod vs Fabio because he could be riding a 3 loss streak.

Get your shit straight Igor. Give him Penner, loser leaves town

well Igor took the fight on short notice vs Beltran and I think he got stuck for a few days at the airport or something but I gotta agree with you he dissapointed in his last 2 bouts.

You mention him being unable to adapt to Beltran's gameplan, agreed he always found himself stuck in the clinch being dirty boxed but I think you should also mention that he took VINNY down himself and paid for it, and then came back to whine about Vinny wanting to grapple...

Pokrajac is not going anywhere he will stay in UFC because he is delivering fight for fans and Dana and Silva has respect for this.

Just for the record he is not lucky with Maldonado since he was much better.

But he need new coach asap. I forgot to mention his coach before the beginning of the third round told him (in Croatian) "You are losing the fight you must go for all or nothing" - WTF my father who is watching only soccer could give him that advice. He should told him stay away from the cage for god sake, stay in the middle of the cage and wait for window to trow right overhand and finish with ground and pound - simple as that.

Pokrajac is not going anywhere he will stay in UFC because he is delivering fight for fans and Dana and Silva has respect for this.
He is 4-5 in the UFC. I don't see him sticking around much longer

He is 4-5 in the UFC. I don't see him sticking around much longer

If he lost his next 2 yes he will be cut, but trust me he will be feed with someone for his next fight since Joe Silva own this to him and not only for his last fight he had great KO before Winy fight.

Just for the record he is not lucky with Maldonado since he was much better.
But he need new coach asap. I forgot to mention his coach before the beginning of the third round told him (in Croatian) "You are losing the fight you must go for all or nothing" - WTF my father who is watching only soccer could give him that advice. He should told him stay away from the cage for god sake, stay in the middle of the cage and wait for window to trow right overhand and finish with ground and pound - simple as that.

1-dude, I had Igor winning this fight too, but thing is, he WAS outstruck in this fight, by a large margin. Many people thought Fabio won this fight. it was very close and could have gone either way.

2- yeah, as simple as this to floor a tough guy like Beltran and put him away on the ground. Why arent you a coach? You'd outsmart Zahabi himself, I mean...''Heh man, you gotta win that fight, all you gotta do is take the opponent out of his gameplan and knock him out, simple as this''. Woah, no one ever thought of that before.

1-dude, I had Igor winning this fight too, but thing is, he WAS outstruck in this fight, by a large margin. Many people thought Fabio won this fight. it was very close and could have gone either way.

2- yeah, as simple as this to floor a tough guy like Beltran and put him away on the ground. Why arent you a coach? You'd outsmart Zahabi himself, I mean...''Heh man, you gotta win that fight, all you gotta do is take the opponent out of his gameplan and knock him out, simple as this''. Woah, no one ever thought of that before.

1. He was outstruck yes but not with significant power strikes this went to Igor and all 3 judges said the same.
2. I didn't say to floor Beltran first to have a GOOD bomb overhand and than to go down ground and pound.

btw TS, give Beltran some credit, he won that fight because he looked in better shape and faster than ever. Honestly everybody was surprised how fast and well conditionned Beltran was, that MIGHT have something to do with Igor losing. Its not because of Igor's corner that he fought the best Beltran ever.

Dude, Penner's already on the train home, guaranteed!

btw TS, give Beltran some credit, he won that fight because he looked in better shape and faster than ever. Honestly everybody was surprised how fast and well conditionned Beltran was, that MIGHT have something to do with Igor losing. Its not because of Igor's corner that he fought the best Beltran ever.

I was pleased for Beltran, he needed a break and he looked the best he's looked!

Back