Neither Khabib or Conor were shook or scared

Each guy acted how they always do.

Nothing shocking here.

This press conference didn't reveal anything in terms of either fighter's fear level as far as their opponent is concerned. Khabib didn't show any fear of Conor and Conor is also not scared of Khabib.

Instead, the focus should be shifted to what Khabib is scared of. He's afraid of losing (specifically) to Conor. The moment Khabib realized that a loss to Conor would hurt more than a loss to any other fighter is precisely the moment that Conor sealed the victory. That happened today.

I can almost assure you that Khabib's mindframe is along the lines of the following:

• He knows he has the tools to beat Conor
  • He now knows that if his margin of error is slim because the pain of giving up his zero to Conor will be unbearable
This will weigh heavily on his performance and is what will ultimately contribute to his first loss. The pressure to win will compromise his skillset which is broad enough to beat Conor but only if he can summon his abilities on fight night.

Khabib grew up in Russia, of course he’s not afraid lol

"I will go to the ends of the earth to fight you.. but I won't get off bus or step close during face off "

No one is "scared" of Conor other than Dana.

Neither guy is scared of the other. They legit don't like one another.

"I will go to the ends of the earth to fight you.. but I won't get off bus or step close during face off "

LOL are they supposed to fight right there, with police officers and security around them?

When they have a date set in 2 weeks?

Get real.

99% of fighters in the UFC are not afraid to fight each other

Correct. That's the thrust of my entire argument. It's not Khabib's fear of Conor that will do him in. It's his fear of losing to Conor. He won't be able to handle this type of pressure and any inherent skill advantage he may have (he's a fantastic fighter and arguably has more tools than Conor) will vanish under the bright lights.

I will state that some fighters actually do fear their opponents. Tito was always scared of Chuck and Vitor was afraid of Wanderlei so it does happen.

We've all seen this before... LMAO
s4o17CY.gif

MlqEnnu.gif

We know how it ends...
i

Dnf7P3HXoAYK4MC.jpg large.jpg

LOL are they supposed to fight right there, with police officers and security around them?

When they have a date set in 2 weeks?

Get real.
He is scared as fuck
He knows that Putin would gladly March his whole shit hole city over a cliff
And Conor has given him an excuse to
You're looking at a defeated man who fucked with the wrong dude...
Things run deeper then just the octagon

FW are afraid of LW
Conor proved this wrong by winning the LW belt
LW are afraid of WW
BJ Proved this wrong by winning the WW belt
WW are afraid of MW
GSP proved this correct by avoiding Andy like he was cancer
MW are afraid of LHW
Shale proved this wrong by being like 5 seconds from beating Jon Jones
LHW are afraid of HWs.
DC proved this wrong by beating whoever that last forgettable HW was.

He is scared as fuck
He knows that Putin would gladly March his whole shit hole city over a cliff
And Conor has given him an excuse to
You're looking at a defeated man who fucked with the wrong dude...
Things run deeper then just the octagon

Putin is going to destroy Dagestan because of Conor McGregor?

Okay, kid.

Khabib. TKO. Inside 3.

We've all seen this before... LMAO
s4o17CY.gif

MlqEnnu.gif

We know how it ends...
i

View attachment 439361

Are you legitimately here trying to compare these two situations? Conor making his pro debut against one of the greatest boxers of our generation? Floyd having 20 title defenses and Khabib having none? Just stop. Everyone knew that the Floyd fight was an exhibition. These are two MMA fighters with the best skillsets in their division. It's different whether you care to admit it or not.

tl;dr

he's fookin shook

dat left gonna pop his noggin'

This press conference didn't reveal anything in terms of either fighter's fear level as far as their opponent is concerned. Khabib didn't show any fear of Conor and Conor is also not scared of Khabib.

Instead, the focus should be shifted to what Khabib is scared of. He's afraid of losing (specifically) to Conor. The moment Khabib realized that a loss to Conor would hurt more than a loss to any other fighter is precisely the moment that Conor sealed the victory. That happened today.

I can almost assure you that Khabib's mindframe is along the lines of the following:

• He knows he has the tools to beat Conor
  • He now knows that if his margin of error is slim because the pain of giving up his zero to Conor will be unbearable
This will weigh heavily on his performance and is what will ultimately contribute to his first loss. The pressure to win will compromise his skillset which is broad enough to beat Conor but only if he can summon his abilities on fight night.

You sound confidant, 80/20, 70/30?

Back